Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SL TDI 555 TIMER

Frank-S

Reg, I forgot to ask about 555 timer, on the circuit board SL TDI
what is the number of the 555 timer. I don't have a schematic.
Thanks Frank.

The Timer is U20 and is used to generate the audio tones. Don't mess with it because it is calibrated.

There is no timer for the delay. That is set by the microprocessor, so there is no simple way to adjust the delay.

Reg

Thanks Reg.
I haven't opened the SL yet I was going to modify it this winter I wonted to
learn what was inside the SL before I did.You said that it has a microprocessor
did the first TDI have a microprocessor, I was under the impression that the TDI was
a upgraded CS-6,with a 555 IC for timing and a 555 for audio.
I might get rid of the SL.It has poor dept, no good on beach as to dept,no good for
prospecting.
I don't know if White has a R and D if they do they are eight er dis-honest or eat-up
with dumb-ass, to sell a detector like that.
Thanks Frank.

Frank,

I have two SL's, a couple of SPP's and a very early SL prior to its release and all work just fine closely matching the TDI for depth. So, I am not sure what is going on with your unit. As I said before, if you haven't tried a different factory coil, please do and don't assume your coil is working right. I have tried several other SL units across the manufactured range they have been made and all have worked properly.

The TDI or the SL are not anything like the CS 6.

Reg

Reg.
Its not the coil.I have wasted to much time with it,for now I am
going to put the SL with the detectors, not worth using.
Frank..