Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slim pickens

JC99328

Got out for a while yesterday No pic's as I'm sure you've all seen junk before. I found $1.35 in junk money, nothing older than '74. One boy scout knife, pretty toasted, a dog tag from 200 miles away and a steel fence post. Along with the usual Al junk and bottle caps.

What I did learn, and I'm getting to know this machine a lot better, is to mostly ignore exact VDI numbers and listen. I'm to a point where I'm pretty sure what's down there by the sound. There are a few numbers and tones combined which are pretty positive indicators. Certain coins only however, others are bouncy numbers with a certain type of tone.

Rain again................ and that's why I'm here.:surrender:

Glad to see someone is getting out. The more you use your machine, the more you're going to love it and you're getting to know it. We might do some detecting today if the wind doesn't carry us away. HH, Nancy

Rain here again most of yesterday and it looks like today too. Might be able to get out Mon or Wens depending if the forecast is right. Even then, it will be very wet. Need a new grassy spot where the water doesn't pond up. Wind would help here !!

We got out for a short hunt, didn't find much but it was sure nice being able to detect. Soon we'll all be able to get out without the wind, cold, rain and snow! HH, Nancy

Hit an old scout camp yesterday. Rather disappointing. Tons and I mean tons of bottle caps. Not a lot of pull tabs, just bottle caps. Add in a bunch of small pieces of melted aluminum and it was enough to drive you crazy. I was not expecting anywhere near that kind of trash. In 3 hours only pulled one quarter and 6 pennies, none old either. Around the cabin there were the usual nails from years of construction and repair. The camp is/was used by many groups as well and the grounds are used for hunting camps also.

I didn't run a small coil but if I ever go back I will. I didn't feel the 10" DD was too bad and I could split the close targets pretty well. I'm not sure how much better the 5.3 would be in there.

I think you will be glad you brought the 5.3 on your next trip . It's good to see you are getting out and hunting . Good luck .

I agree with dirt doctor, glad you're getting out and doing some detecting. With all those bottle caps, there's got to be other objects there too. Getting the trash out of the way is a great way to start off. I think you'll be surprised at the difference of coils with what you said about all the trash. Thanks for keeping us posted and HH, Nancy

Went digging today at the state park. Park employee stopped to check to see if we were legal (yes, we had a permit). He then pointed to a spot 50' away. :surprised:

Looking back at us was a cow moose............ First thought was that I didn't want to deal with a p**sed moose. That thing can just stomp you right into the dirt. But, she was hurt. That made me even more nervous, an injured p**sed moose!! She was hit by a car 10 days back and injured a rear leg and she was moving slow if at all. She made it 10 days, has food, has water, so it looks like she'll be OK.

Oh yeah, the dig. Just the usual clad. But, the buddy hit a stack of 7 quarters !! All in a neat stack about 3" down. That was a first !!

OH MY!!!! I've hears that moose are one of the top animals that kill humans in the U.S.. Thank goodness he stopped by and made you aware of the moose. That could have been nasty.

That's pretty cool that your friend found a stack of quarters. It's always awesome when you find a cache of coins. :thumbup:

HH, and be careful out there!