Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slim pickins

BillF

Not to be confused with the old guy in the cowboy movies.
It was 51° and sunny today. Only had an hour or so, so I headed down to the vacant lots at the new freeway site. Not much left here but since its been raining like crazy lately the ground is soft and deeper coins become easier to pick up. Using my 705 with the 10.5" DD running a pattern with only negative numbers notched out and GB tracking on.
Found 1 1920S merc and 2 wheats. I'll take 'em.

That's pretty good for a hour or so at a lot that you have been to many times and you was able to get out in Dec, I can't.

I don't know why I keep coming back to this particular lot. There's probably 1 1/2 to 2 miles of empty lots on both sides of I-90.
I had every intention of heading to an old house, but its being moved and the yard is now full of huge piles of dirt, and same with the houses I've been hitting, so to the lot instead.
This lot today is loaded with trash, as are all the lots in this area so there are some goodies left to be found. The homes here were from 1890 and up, somewhere in one of these is a $1 or $2.50 gold coin....maybe.

Nice finds . There are some places I go I have been to many times but for some reason I really like going there.

Hey, you gotta take em while you can get em.

We have a few sites like that, that we've gone back to so many times and they are to the point now that if you find something it will be a keeper. Sometimes it's just the promise of what could be there that makes the hunt fun.

One of these days the area I've been hitting will be covered by asphalt just like I90 40 yards away. I'll always wonder what's left, just as much as I think about the 500 plus 100 year old homes that got covered over by the freeway in 1965.
Every single time I go there I think "today, today I might bring up a $1 or $2.50 gold piece." Its as much about the possibilities as it is the hunt.

Nice finds Bill. WAY too cold,snowy, and frozen up here to hunt. So its nice to see what others like you are finding.

Cmon Spring!!!!