Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sliver 1942 half

dougmanning

took my explorer se out to and old play ground . it was 10'' deep and in mint condition ! most of the old coin finds now days come from the 7'' to 13'' depth ! do you guys find this to be true in the areas you hunt also ? i hunt with a x-terra 705 and explorer se ; doug

Fantastic Doug! I sure have found that MOST silver and old copper for me have come from the 7"-10" range. I'm fairly new to the Explorer and haven't really pushed the envelope to get deeper...this season should open up a couple more inches in the right places with the right coil. What coil did you find that with? I've found the stock coil to be excellent in a lot of situations,as long as trash isn't too heavy. I use the x-12 and x-8 as well....
Nicely done!

i had the 10'' slimline on the explorer. i like the 11'' pro a little better, but through i would try the slimline out today . it's hard to beat the explorer on sliver !

Nice job. Any pictures to tide us snowbound folks over. LOL
Silver Halfs at 13" is doable.
I don't dig many smaller coins past 11" though. Ground and the moisture content play a big factor in that.
I prefer the stock 1050 coil myself and that is what I am referring too above.