Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sliver u maxs

going out and see if it can do as good or better the the gold bug pro what do you think

The Tesoro Silver isn't intended as a gold machine, if that's what you're thinking of hunting.
Silver is all about simplicity and low cost, while still giving a couple useful features that Tesoro's least costly detector doesn't offer. Silver is a good coin detector for parks, but not as versatile as their better models.
It's actually pretty good at finding...silver coins. No, I don't use a Silver but do have its daddy, the Cutlass II μMAX.

There are many silver umax out there and I have a feeling soon will become a collector's item.
I never got one, because after the compadre I got a Cutlass Micromax (not II) so it's essentially a silver umax (or Cutlass II umax) but runs at 12khz.
Then proceeded to pick up the rest of my collection.

I've heard great things about the silver umax.
Runs at a better freq for higher conductive targets like..... Silver as pinenut says.

It's all personal preference. By the time I stopped to take stick I have 5 tesoros and didn't need the silver but with that pricetag I really wanted it.
Then came the Mojave, so now I have no real use for it.
But keep it and enjoy it. Like all tesoros back to the 80s, from their cheapest to most expensive, they will either spank or at least give a run for their money to any other detector out there...... As long as you speak their language. :)

I have no experience with the Fisher you talked about so this whole post is useless haha but I like to post.

The Silver umax is not the greatest amongst the Tesoro line up. Would take the Compadre over it.
Ever wonder why they came out with the Mojave?

The GoldBug Pro will bust the Silver umax chops.

The X2 is not the same as the Silver umax, the X2 is Troy's version of the Silver "Sabre" umax.
I would take the Silver Sabre umax over the current Silver umax..................

Mojave made because they were losing cash on people moding the compadre :buds: and the black pushed us over the edge :cheekkiss:

had to silvers sold them both they are ok at higher conductors but had to start thinning the herd.

and the Fisher is what all other detectors have to answer to on id ing coins at least where I am at.

AJ