Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slow day but did find something kinda neat

ccsutoros

I took my son to a place today that was nothing but farm land up until the 1930s now all wooded. Found lots of old junk, but did find this old shotgun shell head. I thought it was a bottle cap of some sort until i got it home. It's a Winchester new rival 12ga. According to a headstamp identification site it was made between 1897-1920. I thought it was pretty cool.

As MikeO states...they're a regular find at old rural home sites, just as pull tabs are in a public park. And there are collectors out there.
Were there ever any home sites on that land??

ccsutoros said:
Lots of home sites. We were at the site of an old church from the early 1800s

...that headstamp tells me that there may have been a failed shotgun wedding at that church:stretcher: