Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slow Forums?

Rob (IL)

I saw this answer to a post asking why things were so slow on another forum.

Just getting tougher to find new places and with the price of gas both in my car and in my physical tank tough to do much traveling and is probably a major reason. New areas sure get the blood boiling...

I know my silver and older finds now require me to drive 120 - 150 miles, to get to the smaller country towns. I live in Will county and around here most historic sites get covered over by development or improvement. Will County, Cook County, and DuPage County have all the preserves off limit. In my urban area the historic parks are off limits now and I have beat all my public areas (schools) to death. $4.00 a gallon for deisel adds up pulling my RV. I still go but I can't do this on an every day basis. This is the same reason I haven't gone hunting or fishing for many years now.

Close to home all I have for old finds are private yards and in this area people are not that friendly when asking to dig in their manicured lawns. My neighboring big town has the old yards but the area can be a safety hazard. :devil:You guys who have an abundance of Civil War, ghost towns, and old park sites should really appreciate them. Research for old sites doesn't help me much because it's hard to dig through asphalt parking lots. :thumbdown:

That about sums it up for me too except for most of the old areas have been strip mined and i 'm out gas with my heart damn near b4 I get started. Or I have something more pressing to do with what energy I do have. Feel like the tin man,If I only had a heart.Good luck to the rest of you that are able and find some good spots.I love farm fields but getting to hard to walk that far . So when I do get to get out I try to find a small good home site now,the older the better.Is hard to go door knockin if you only get say 30 mins of hunting,I hate to go back day after day for a week and feel like I am moving in .
Yazoo