Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slowly coming along with the Deus..

Micheal_R

Staff member
And one day I will really have a handle on it.. But I am learning the sounds, and fiddling with settings to get the best performance.

Out to my old drowned town yesterday..managed one broken gold ring, a silver handle from a mirror(?), a rather cool pin (I will tumble that today).. a ceramic button and the usual pile of 'stuff'

[attachment 305403 Img_0704.jpg]

[attachment 305404 Img_0703.jpg]

[attachment 305405 Img_0701.jpg]

[attachment 305406 Img_0696.jpg]

Going to get cold soon.. so I may be off the 'links' for a while

Cheers

Micheal

Nice finds. YOu hunt "drowned" towns? Please explain! Sounds interesting.

I have hunted a few sites here in California where lake levels were very low due to the drought, exposing walls and foundations.

I have always wanted to hunt beach lakes in my area but have found none that pack a lot of people in during the summer months..nice finds with the deus what I am trying to learn is iron hunting we have so few parks here that I would dig everything less it had a buzzy sound to it

In 1966, the provincial government flooded the valley in which I live, by building a dam for hydro electric power. ( I live in British Columbia} In this particular valley, there are/were a couple of dozen towns, cities and communities. All of those towns were inundated when the lake level rose due to the dam holding back the water. Many towns were moved higher up on the banks.. but the old townsites are still there.... under the water for a few months of the year.

So what happens is the lake level starts to lower starting about September, culminating in the lowest water in March/April. Old foundations, streets, parks are all exposed. And since the lake rises and falls each year, new areas are exposed, old are covered.. and every year, it is like detecting a virgin site. However, since many of the old homes, etc were burned , bulldozed, and ravaged, there are carpets of nails to work through.. This is where i am loving the Deus.

This is only one of the towns. it is called Arrowhead;

http://itsmysite.com/cgi-bin/itsmy/go.exe?page=17&domain=1&webdir=bchistory

[attachment 305427 burton001.jpg]

[attachment 305428 burtonfoundation.jpg]

In the one overview picture, you can see the flats.. that was where the townsite of Burton used to be.. The water level, in June and July, comes right up to the Burton sign in the foreground

Micheal

Not a lot of people here in the summer.... or winter for that fact.. Since the town was drowned in 1966, you can pretty much be assured that any finds will predate that year.

Micheal

Thats an awesome site to hunt and neat that not too many people still goes there,gives some peace of mind while hunting.I live in B.C. also and have hunted another site where a dam was built around that time period,and have had the oppertunity to hunt old townsites when hydro emptied the lake.I use a Deus also for the last few years and you still learn something all the time with it.Have mine since 1.2 version,downloaded 2 & 3 versions into it,so a steady learning process but have been finding lots of silver and keepers with it all along the way.Good Hunting

n/t