Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small coil choice?

bugg

When I had my Sov 15 years ago, I had a sunray 5.5" coil, and it was great. I do not like the prices they are going for today. Has anyone used some of the other aftermarket small coils with good success? I see there are 5" round, also a 4.5 x 7" out there that are affordable. Appreciate any tips

Do you possess the small Tornado 8" ? I love the small Tornado 8" (actual 7 1/4") coil. The only small coil I really ever used and truly love it. This coil has super depth and excellent separation abilities. Actually, amazing depth & separation abilities. I owned and used the Sunray 5" but felt I didn't need it because the small Tornado was so good at doing its job. Thus, I sold it. If you don't have the small Tornado coil I highly suggest you pick one up and give it a good run. I feel you will be pleasantly surprised. I am sure others will chime in and give their experiences and recommendations.

Yes 8" tornado and 13" ultimate is all I use now.

I've used the small Sunray for me it didn't have the performance.The Tornado 800 7 1/4" is a great coil,which would be my choice.Good Luck Ron

I did find a used S-5. I had one 18 years ago, guess Im revisiting the past. Just something about the older machines hold a special place in my heart.
HH

I odered a detech 5 inch coil and the 4.5 x 7 they should be at my doorstep any day now.I will post there performance after I test them out. Ive found some amazing finds with my soverign XS of the years.I have several other detectors but the sov XS is my favorite.

IThe nails were so bad on an old homesite that I went from the ten in. tornado to my S-5 sunray and found my 2.5 dollar 1910 gold coin. I love that coil and the 8 in. tornado too. Good luck hunting-Mark