Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small Coil Question

I would recommend the 800 Tornado or 8 inch Coinsearch.Both of these coils have good depth and separation.HH Ron

the Sunray S5 is 5.5" and still available and the smallest minelab Tornado coil measures in at 7.25". Not a whole lot of difference in size but a whole lot of difference in depth.

Ron are you guys saying the 5" performs better than the 8"? Those slimlines are a bit pricy arent they?

Dew

Dew the smaller Tornado coil is only 7.25" compared to the Sunrays 5.5", a minimal difference in size but the tornado is gonna give you the same side by side seperation as well as several inches more in depth. The tornado coils are pricey but I think forums sponsors are willing to move them at better prices now to clear out stock and another consideration is the same size BBS coil that was right before the Tornados. I picked up a used one cheap off an Excal, put a new connector on it and it performs just like the Tornado coil as far as I can see. Its just heavier.
Coiltek makes a tiny coil for the Xterra, to bad they dont for the Sov or Explorer series.

Another option is the Sun Ray S-8 which I found really worked great for me and even beat the 8 inch coinsearch for separation. I never got a chance to try the 8 inch Tornado coil I got from you Neil, but I know for separation and depth the S-8 is hard to beat. The 8 inch coinsearch is one I recommend for those new to the Sovereigns as the tones seem to last longer and easier to learn, but when experienced with the Sovereign I really like the S-8.

Rick

Dew the Tornado 800 performs way better than the 5 inch coil,not even close.Most of my hunting I prefer the 800 over the 1000 Tornado.They are a bit pricey I paid $234.00 for the one I have.Good Luck Ron