Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

small coil?

rarysgaard

I currently own an E-Trac. Very curious about the XP Deus. I hunt primarily trashy parks & hunt specifically for gold jewelry with a 6" coil. Does Deus come with a small coil or are they going to be coming out with one?

Hi, The standard 9 inch coil is as small as you will ever need with the Deus, honestly. This machine is lightning fast and, in my opinion, the best machine for picking through trash. I HIGHLY recommend this machine and I think it is worth every last penny. It truly is an amazing machine and an absolute pleasure to use. You should find out if you have a dealer near you where you can test one. Words on here only mean so much but if you get one in your hands, I am sure you will see what I am talking about and you will not want to put it down.

Back to your question, the stock 9 inch coil is fantastic, but I find myself generally using the larger 11x13 inch coil. I switch to the stock coil in extreme trash but I like the greater coverage that the large coil gives me. Some have claimed that they are not finding extra depth with the large coil but I am not finding this to be the case in my rather highly mineralized soil here in Minnesota. At first I was not getting the results that I had hoped for, but after extensive testing and tweaking, the large coil definitely goes at least as deep as my E-Trac.

This is one great machine. I will certainly be keeping mine for a VERY long time, of that I am certain. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask but if I were you, I would find a way to get one in your hands so you can understand what this machine is all about.

Hope this helped. HH -Marc

Nice Marc.. It really is a sweet machine. I am new to the Deus only a couple of months and i just cant get enough of it. After the news of the new minelab CTX3030 coming out i had to make a decision. If i were able to get anywhere near the amount of money for the ctx i would have to sell my deus and come up with the rest of the money for coils and headphones and yahda yahda. But i cant.. i cant do it. i cant part ways with the deus. I hunt in too many areas where there are tons of trash and blankets of iron and i know first hand that these types of environments is where the Deus does its work.. The sound quality is simply amazing and I've been finding more jewelry than ever before just based on sound alone. really all the control head unit is good for is changing frequencies to identify iron, and turning on the back-light..lol. You cant go wrong with the Deus.

I can't agree more with you. The Deus is an absolutely fantastic machine. I am genuinely surprised how many people are trading their new Deus' in order to help fund the CTX. To me, the Deus is the one machine that I own that I will never get rid of, it is just that good. As you said, once you get this machine in your hands, you simply don't want to put it down. Many other top-level machines force you to put them down due to their weight. I feel the Deus is able to keep up with any of the other top level machines, and I have owned most of them so I would know. I am glad you are sticking to your Deus and I don't think you will ever be disappointed with your decision. Is the CTX a good machine, yes, but it is a different beast altogether and I don't think it is comparable to the Deus, in fact, I don't think anything is comparable to the Deus and that is my point. I will be getting my CTX on Monday but I don't expect it to find targets that my Deus can't find. I am only getting it because it is waterproof and I am always looking at new waterproof machines for my business.

I am sure that you will be more than happy in your decision. There are always going to be new machines out, but that doesn't mean that yesterdays machine is any less capable than tomorrows. The Deus has been, and will continue to be, a top contender in the detector market and no new machine is going to change that.

I purchased a Deus 2.5 years back and it has proven to be one of the Best Machines to arrive on the detecting scene in my lifetime of detecting.

Those who jump ship because of the glitter of a new product will learn a hard lesson.

I have had Minelabs since they arrive on the scene in the 1980`s and they are brilliant detectors but the Deus is better in a number of respects.

Some folks find it difficult get their ears tuned in to the XP sounds but given time it becomes second nature.

There is a DVD by Norfolk Wolf ( John Lynn ) which helps with the XP sounds even though its for the previous models the sounds still apply.

I hope this helps. :thumbup: Jerry.

MHirschmann said:
Hi, The standard 9 inch coil is as small as you will ever need with the Deus, honestly. This machine is lightning fast and, in my opinion, the best machine for picking through trash. I HIGHLY recommend this machine and I think it is worth every last penny. It truly is an amazing machine and an absolute pleasure to use. You should find out if you have a dealer near you where you can test one. Words on here only mean so much but if you get one in your hands, I am sure you will see what I am talking about and you will not want to put it down.

Back to your question, the stock 9 inch coil is fantastic, but I find myself generally using the larger 11x13 inch coil. I switch to the stock coil in extreme trash but I like the greater coverage that the large coil gives me. Some have claimed that they are not finding extra depth with the large coil but I am not finding this to be the case in my rather highly mineralized soil here in Minnesota. At first I was not getting the results that I had hoped for, but after extensive testing and tweaking, the large coil definitely goes at least as deep as my E-Trac.

This is one great machine. I will certainly be keeping mine for a VERY long time, of that I am certain. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask but if I were you, I would find a way to get one in your hands so you can understand what this machine is all about.

Hope this helped. HH -Marc

Hey Marc,

What programs have you developed for the large coil?
Thanks, Deusdigger.

The stock coil is as small as you need. The Deus is simple fantastic in trashy areas.

no smaller coil planned but a software change to give it a smaller footprint is in the wind

Thanks for all the responses. I guess my question to all would be if you are or were E-Trac owners would you recommend trading my E-Trac in for the Deus? I can't afford both.I thought at first I was going to get the CTX3030, but the cost plus having to buy all new coils is weighing heavy on me. If I bought it, it would be for the water detecting aspects of it not the land hunting. How does the Deus compare to the E-Trac in your opinion? I live & hunt in Minnesota. Also I am going to England in the fall & wonder how the Deus would perform on the plowed fields?

Thanks for giving us the info of where you are and what you plan to do with the detector, its very helpful when people give us the details. I also live in Minnesota (St. Louis Park). I have had an E-Trac for the past 2 years but I prefer the Deus.

The Deus was designed to be used in the plowed fields, just as you mentioned. I can tell you from firsthand experience that the E-Trac gets VERY heavy hunting plowed fields all days due to the grooves etc. You have to constantly be adjusting the height of the coil as the surface is not smooth and this can get very tiring with a heavy machine.

One good thing is right now you can get some GREAT deals on E-Trac's as many of us traded them in for CTX 3030's (I traded my new E-Trac as well and its for sale at my local detecting shop for an absolute steal.

If it were my money, I would get a Deus, but that's just me. I know there have plenty of people on here that have claimed better results from the E-Trac but that is not what I have found. I am in NO WAY knocking the E-Trac as it is an absolutely fantastic machine. If it were lighter, the decision would be much more difficult.

One thing to consider in your costing this purchase out is the large coil for the Deus. I feel it is a must-have for every Deus owner. I hunt almost exclusively with the large coil these days and only switch over to the stock one when I find myself in extreme trash. The coverage of the large coil (especially in plowed fields) allows me to cover MUCH more ground.

If you are near the twin cities, I would be happy to let you take my Deus out for a spin so you can also try both coils and see what I am talking about. If your interested, PM me your details and we can work something out.

Hope this helps -Marc

at UK rallies and club digs theres tons of deus machines ,very popular over here especially on ploughed fields where they rule.

In my opinion, the stock Deus coil works just as well as my 6" EQ2 pro that I use on my E-Trac because of the recovery speed of the Deus. As far as trading in your E-Trac, I would try to get my hands on the Deus first and see if it fits your style of hunting and make your decision based on first hand experience.

I have used it a lot and it works great in trash You need to move a little slower in trach but it will locat the good targets.