Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small Landfill in Eastern Long Island CLOSED 1940s?

There a small landfill that closed a few blocks from my brother house in Eastern Long island since the 40s or mid 50s....
Would hate to go there during the Summer because there are tons of Ticks...
So I guess I will have to hunt in the Fall or early Spring Only?
Just wondering what you good folks think of detecting in a Small Very Old Landfill with a Whites DFX????
Lots of Useless Junk??? or maybe some good Junk??? JT

Sound like a good time JT. If it were me I would find where the main pile is and just start going thru it. Get a three or four prong rake and slowly start going thru it. That way you won't break any bottles. The deeper you go the older the finds.

Kerry

Thats what i thought,,,thank you....
I am going to wait to after winter and a few months before the Ticks are out before the spring....I know if the Landfill closed in the 40s i would think i should find something good...I am starting to find out bottles are worth something.....

I rememeber when I was in High School on Staten island they had a very old landfill called richmond Town,,very old area and found lots of old broken bottles and some unbroken.....That was 30 years ago..
Now i think its against the law to hunt there,because they have accross the street a landmark of Richmondtown and I am sure they would not like me metal detecting there..........JT