Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

small silver

fenian13

Just some small silver jewelry. The rose is from a school. The tiny antique ring fits inside of a dime. It came from an abandoned home and I missed it the first three times I hunted there. It disced out earlier when thumbing than most silver due to it's size. I finally dug it cuz the signal although not where most silver hits, was too good a signal to pass. I'm sure I have missed other small silver if it took me 4 hunts to find this ring.

Thanks fer lookin. Patrick

Nice little ring there fenian

I'd bet it disc'ed out at around pulltab. I've found a few like that myself, keep up the good work:thumbup:

Thin silver rings such as the one you found come in awful low and can understand missing it....if in a real old place 5 dollar gold coin, half cent, real old indian(fatty) 3 cent piece, misc. tokens all come in around this area so those that dig excel....and most walk right over them...even in a real old yard or park the silver is sure thinned out but the oddball coins are there for the taking..

Thanks for lookin and for the feedback. You all are right, that little ring taught me a big lesson.

The Fenian

The fact that it hit so hard is what would make me dig that target ......Using a different machine, I hit a target at the beach that was so pronouced that it wasn't funny ...It was a lower Gold number on my machine , and I dug and dug , and went down quite deep and kept checking the hole , and FINALLY after about 10 inches down, I checked the hole again and the signal was not there .....I smoothed out the sand and located the pile that the target was in and kept trying to get it in my scoop and couldn't !!.....I now got on my hands and knees with my pinpointer , and found this tiny little childs ear ring with a tiny diamond in it !!!.... I coudn't beleive that my machine would make something so timy , sound so BIG !!..... Silver REALLY rings out solid like that .... Nice find !!!....Jim

I walked several steps a way from an "off" sounding signal, decided to retrieve it anyway and ended up with a very small SILVER scotty dog charm from a bracelet. You just never know for certain unless you dig it.
BB

Nice finds. That reminds me of the time I found a little silver ring much like yours in a park. I was being watched by a mother and her young son. His curiosity prompted her to ask what I was looking for. Just then I popped the ring out of the dirt and showed them. It couldnt have happened at a better time. Made it look like I knew what I was doing.