Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

smaller coil for the orx

jimmy clark

ok. let me get on my soap box for a minute. Why didn't XP come out with a six or seven inch coil? the way I understand it, it took a little fussing to minelab before they came out with a six inch coil. the 9x5 hf coil is the smallest one XP has. ive been thanking about getting a orx, But the way I hunt, no relic hunting. mostly sports fields, an old house places. I live in a mobile home park an the owner lets me hunt lots when they become empty. I use my kruzer with the 7 inch conc. coil, lot of trash. had to go very slow but I did ok. I hope someone can change my mine But I cant see a coil on an orx, even do near as good.

I have the 9x5 on my Deus I and it's a Lazer in trash.

Why didn't XP come out with a six or seven inch coil?
It is probably because of the electronics wouldn't fit. Or it could be they couldn't find any advantage of a 6" over the 9x5. The Deus and Orx are known to be outstanding at separation. The 5 inch width will get between trash that a 6 or 7 inch won't. It separates like a 5 inch round DD but covers more area. I have an Impact with a 7 inch concentric, 4x7 dd, and a 5 inch Nel sharp coil but I think the Deus with the 9x5 is better all around. I don't think you would go wrong with an orx. It is basically a Deus with less options. In my opinion, it will find anything the Kruzerr will and more.

It is probably because of the electronics wouldn't fit. Or it could be they couldn't find any advantage of a 6" over the 9x5. The Deus and Orx are known to be outstanding at separation. The 5 inch width will get between trash that a 6 or 7 inch won't. It separates like a 5 inch round DD but covers more area. I have an Impact with a 7 inch concentric, 4x7 dd, and a 5 inch Nel sharp coil but I think the Deus with the 9x5 is better all around. I don't think you would go wrong with an orx. It is basically a Deus with less options. In my opinion, it will find anything the Kruzerr will and more.
Thanks for the info. I thank ill keep the kruzer an try to find a good used orx.