Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Smart+ coin setup!

dirthunter

What settings do you guys use for old coin hunting with the Smart+? I mostly have used the Tesoro Tejon, but want to start using the Smart+ more. I mostly hunt woods and fields. Mostly colonial locations. Thanks.

Dirt, did you ever get that Smarty + in the field.. I can't even hardly trade any ideas on your type of hunting. I hunt what's available for me and that's clad and some jewelry. Some of your experiences would be interesting I'd bet.

2 Tone with Iron Volume where you like
Sensitivity at Preset
Disc. at 20 with a normal swing. Investigate high tones by swinging both ways and listen for
audio definition..
Turn 90 degrees and do the same thing.
You can run the disc a little higher but the discrimination is aggressive and will knock out iron and at the same time miss a non-ferrous target under it or adjacent to it..
The more iron the better it gets just slow down a little.
HH Richard