Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Smart Plus Pro Series 4 X 5¢

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
Went out for a couple of hours to an old house. It was one of those that when they starting renting it, every drunk in the community pulled in the front yard, drunk beer and worked on his car. The yard was full of pull tabs** but I was able to pull out 4 nickles and a chauffeur's badge. The audio is excellent and you can tell if the target is aluminum most of the time. The round pieces of pull tab will fool you but others usually won't. For coins you look for the smooth sounds instead of any irregularities. Irregularities means just that... a bad target. They pop, scratch, smooth on one side, irregular on the other... turning 90 degrees will tell you even more. HH Richard
** Previous hunters had used too much disc. to avoid the pull tabs.. .got to dig some..

Attachments

• P9090014.JPG
    P9090014.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 174
  • P9090005.JPG
    P9090005.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 183
How high does the disc go? Can you turn it up to knock out all tabs?

Went out for a couple of hours to an old house. It was one of those that when they starting renting it, every drunk in the community pulled in the front yard, drunk beer and worked on his car. The yard was full of pull tabs** but I was able to pull out 4 nickles and a chauffeur's badge. The audio is excellent and you can tell if the target is aluminum most of the time. The round pieces of pull tab will fool you but others usually won't. For coins you look for the smooth sounds instead of any irregularities. Irregularities means just that... a bad target. They pop, scratch, smooth on one side, irregular on the other... turning 90 degrees will tell you even more. HH Richard
** Previous hunters had used too much disc. to avoid the pull tabs.. .got to dig some..

Yep Richard, I've found the same with my machine. If it sounds even a little scratchy its about 97% accurate that its junk alum. The few times it turned out to be a nickel, there was a bit of alum very close in the same hole. Got to dig those iffy signels.

Looks like that machine is made the same way as the Vista X . They have got away from the old big box.

Richard,anymore news on the Smart Plus Pro ? Been pretty quite since your earlier post.

El