Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SmartMedia

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
I've got an Olympus D340 and recently bought a 32MB SmartMedia card for it. The camera won't accept anything larger than a 16MB card. (Olympus has generously offered to upgrade my camera to accept the 32M card for a mere $50!)
Would anyone like to trade (2) 16MB cards for my single 32MB?
- Carl

They also looked the camera over and cleaned the lens while they had it... I only had 4 and 8 meg cards when I did it. Sorry.
If you decide to sell the 32 meg media drop me a line. Maybe even work out a swap for metal detecting gizmo's...
Good hunting... Guvner..

What really irritates me is that, when I bought the camera, the sales clerk (Best Buy) told me it would accept 32M cards. Plus, the "upgrade" offer had already been in effect for over 6 months. In other words, Olympus was selling cameras that COULD have been manufactured with the upgrade in the first place!
Oh well, I'll get back to you if I can't trade.
- Carl