Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Smashed Quarter, War Nickle and a Rosie.

Old coin hunter

Got permission to do a small yard next to the yard at the ROW and found the following. 259 coins consisting of 12 Qtrs, 32 Dimes, 22 Nickles, 102 Zincs, 87 Coppers, 7 Wheats, 1 Canadian Penny, 1 Smashed Qtr. 1 War Nickle and 1 Rosie. The smashed Qtr looks like a Washington as if you look just below the top of the coin at about 1 oclock you can see the rounded part of his head and possibly his partial hair bun and it rang up at 92-93 on the Simplex. I didn't know i had the Nickle or the Rosie until after i tumbled all the Nickles and Dimes and looked through them. Worked the yard for two days and it's only 30x30 ft. so all the hits were kind of hard to deal with but i dug all of them. HH Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_20210326 Crushed Qtr..jpg
    IMG_20210326 Crushed Qtr..jpg
    437 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20210326 War Nickle.jpg
    IMG_20210326 War Nickle.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20210326 Rosie.jpg
    IMG_20210326 Rosie.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 117
next thing you’re going to tell us is that the small yard is about 50’x50’ and you did all that in under two hours.....😂

Sounds like you need to get back in there and focus on those deep, faint signals, probably some sweet silver hiding in there.
Nice day of detecting.
I went over some of it after I finished it and didn't find anything so don't know if I'll go back. Jim
next thing you’re going to tell us is that the small yard is about 50’x50’ and you did all that in under two hours.....😂
I worked on it for two days. So many targets it took a long time to do it right. Got real tired of hearing all those targets.🤪 Jim

I bet there is more there,
You mentioned it is very trashy with lots of signals.
I am working a site like that now.
About the same size too.
What I do is detect there for about 3 hours and then go somewhere else and then come back another day when I am fresh.
This method works for me in making more finds.... trying to decipher all those signals gets to me after a while too.

I bet there is more there,
You mentioned it is very trashy with lots of signals.
I am working a site like that now.
About the same size too.
What I do is detect there for about 3 hours and then go somewhere else and then come back another day when I am fresh.
This method works for me in making more finds.... trying to decipher all those signals gets to me after a while too.
I pretty much dug every signal I got. Jim

Lots of coins for that small space. Good job gleaning it. I might still give it one last one hour shot, but after working it like you did and finding that many coins and only coming coming up with 7 wheats and 3 silvers, I wouldn't be too enamored with spending much more time there myself. Good hunting! HH Jim tn