Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snake and 5 Pin Tesoro's ?

Hi Everyone, I'm curious for more input on the 6.5 X 3.5 NEL Snake DD Coil for the 4 and 5 pin Tesoro's. Most input has been very good reports concerning the Lobo . I think also maybe one or two good reports on the T and J. that I remember, but how about the older 5 pin T's ? They specify that the Snake is made for the newer Silver µMax, Golden µMax, Cortes, and De Leon .I think I did read a good report also of it being used on a Silver µMax. Of course that makes me wonder about the other, older 5 pin T's that pretty much all their coils can be interchanged with the newer 5 pins. I can see where maybe the Compadre and Amigo II may be excluded, since they are so closely related, but then maybe not.? I think the UK folks were some of the first to Plug Mod the Amigo II and Compadre and experiment with changing their coils. I do remember too where one of those UK diggers mentioned that a DD coil would not work on an Amigo II. Hummn,,, what about an Inca? So , where we at with all that? Just thought I would throw that at y'all since its been on my mind and its stuff to consider. Thanks and HH, Charlie

Hi Charlie,

If they work with the newer 5-pin Tesoros then they will also work with the older 5-pin Tesoros...especially with the Tesoros that allow coil interchange along with adjustable ground balance. Some of the older 4-pin Tesoros will/may not work with todays 4-pin coils :shrug:

I have a NEL Snake mounted on my Trident11 Extreme which is the UK version of the Vaquero but its on steroids,i took the 11x8 coil off the machine and the Snake is mounted permanently on the detector,really good combination for really trashy sites and also will be using it in between the stubble rows when the crops come off the back end of summer.

I have a few older 5 pin machines but one Bandido has the hard too find 10.5'' Polo coil on and the other a Silver Sabre11 has the 4'' Concentric coil on,i do have a Compadre with the 5 pin coil conversion done,but if i am honest i just cannot get on with that detector,alot of folks across the pond think its the best thing since sliced bread but for me it does absolutely nothing,so these days just use it with a 4'' coil on it as a deep pinpointer when using a Pulse machine for deep searching.

That's exactly what I was thinking and probably expecting too much from NEL to mention them also working on the older machines. Simple Logic tells us they would work ok. LOL, now all I have to do is decide on a 4 pin for the Tejon (my Primary) or the 5 pin for my herd of older and newer µMax and non µMax machines. Inca and GS II should be really interesting with the Snake. Be cool too to see if the Amigo II could hunt with it!. Having that kind of input would help decide on 4pin or 5. HH Charlie