Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snaked a few from the trash . . . . .

NICE TO SEE YOU GOT OUT ANDY AND GREAT LITTLE HUNT!! MY DEUS HAS PERFORMED MAGIC IN THE FEW WEEKS I HAVE USED IT. DUG STUFF MY 3030 COULD NOT FIND WHEN SWUNG OVER SAME TARGET.

"Rockstar"

You've posted this before and it is clear that you are frustrated with the Deus. A few things to consider:

1) The Deus is not an AT Pro . . . . the way each responds to targets is quite different and you might just be more in-tune with the way the AT Pro is peaking to you than the Deus

2) As far as not finding a ring in 10 months . . . . maybe you did not go over one in 10 months :) . . . . there have been 10 month stints where I have not found a ring on land but that does not mean what ever detector I was swinging was not working properly. Have you compared in ground signals between the two units . . . . the AT Pro is a great detector but I would be very surprised if the AT Pro hit something the Deus could not unless something was not adjusted properly

3) You go out 2-4 times a week yet do not have a good handle on the Deus . . . . are you trying the same settings or always switching around? Are you checking settings and adjustments on in-ground targets to see if you can get a better response with slight changes? Do you keep a log to start with of what each signal turns out to be? The Deus - or any detector - will click at different times and with different amounts of time on them for different people . . . . some give up before that point while it comes easy for others.

The bottom line is that you should be enoying yourself and you aren't, you need to ask why are you going out to get frustrated . . . . maybe the answer is in fact the AT Pro . . if you are finding things and happy with the performance, why not use what works for you and in your areas?

I have tried some detectors that others swear by over the yearsd and while they perform well, me and the detector never "became one" and I moved on - if you are only getting frustrated, you might as well spend that hunt time in the office getting paid to be aggravated :drinking:

Andy Sabisch

Great advice Andy !!! If one detector would work for all then we would only need one brand. I agree that the AT Pro is not likely to find anything that the Deus could not find if the Deus is properly adjusted. I have used the AT Pro and I was pleased with it but only had it as a loaner for a couple of weeks. I have been using Whites machines after selling my Deus for financial reasons and became very accustomed to their language. Now that I am back with the Deus it is taking some time to get back to equaling my prior performance with it. I know it's just time and I am getting more comfortable with each hunt.