Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sniper

coenwolf

just ordered the new MARS SNIPER coil for my t2se ,after being suitably impressed by there tiger coil ,i just had to have one for working in iron infested sites and between the soon to be harvested maize stubble .pictures and hopefully results will follow

Jeff,i have the factory 5'' coil on my T2 most of the time just after the harvest,as you have mentioned its great for getting in between the stubble and also great for junky roman/saxon sites as well.Also have the NEL Storm for deeper work on a Whites tallman rod setup,so can change coils over in just seconds,my main machine is still the Deus though.

its arrived pictured here beside my mars tiger coil ,going to be ideal for iron infested sites and for winkling between the soon to be harvested maize/corn stubble .

Jeff,what size is that Sniper coil ?? is it about 10x6 in that region.

That looks very similar to my NEL Sharpshooter coil,no point really in changing a like for like coil size and spec really,the Sharpshooter has served me well in the last 18 months or so,use mine instead of the stock coil.

Have you tried the coil out yet Jeff ???

Anyone selling Mars in the US?

first time out today ,with it my mate with a f75 fitted with a 15 inch coil .he found totally nothing ,i didn't stop digging ,yes its certainly the dogs b's on a iron contaminated field ,one of my finds was the smallest button i have ever found i estimate around 1/8 inch diameter .and even though i never found anything of historical value its proved its worth as i know a larger coil struggles on this particular field .
personally i think its still me not used to adjusting the machine than the coils .
so yes its a keeper and will come in very handy when the next round of crops (the maize ) comes off ,as there very difficult to work round initially .pics to follow when i have time ,up at the first texas main dealers tomorrow so you never know what might come home with me

Jeff,have you looked at the Goliath coil,for its size of 15'' is very light for its size and a reasonable price as well.

my buddy who you will know of as jeb ,,was using his f75 dst fitted with the goliath and you will know from the past he knows his stuff ,he did a complete and very slow circumference of the field and dug once for a piece of lead ,on the other hand i was using the t2se and sniper and literally dug every few yards ,possibly missing some iffy targets as i have to acclimatise to the coil so i only went for the positive high numbers .but i most definitely dug far more than i did with the tiger coil ,which as i know the site is riddled with iron and possibly sitting on iron ore rock showed it was doing exactly what i had hoped for .imho the goliath is to large for that field .the area we live in was mined extensively for lead and silver and thus galena is also often found (lead ore)