Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sniping bedrock in rivers 3x7 or *" coil?

rockpup1

I have tte 3x7 inch coil and notice it is more sensative than the stock coil plus lighter.I know its depth is nothing like the stock coil.Sniping should not need much depth but as much as possible would help.I know the 8" coil is deeper and most likely a little mroe sensative than the 3x7-but im not sure the round shape would be the best for sniping bedrock.
Any thoughts on the matter.Also im not going deeper than 10 feet is the coil not gonna leak-so far no problems?OR could i cover the seems and coil boot with silicone?

I use the edge of the 8" coil to get down into cracks. It doesn't go as deep that way but will fit almost anywhere. I have heard that the 3x7 is the most sensitive coil for the infinium, but not by much. I got the 8" when I bought my finny. I dont really use the stock coil.

Yes I notice the 3x7 is alot more sensative to small ogld than the stock coil.I just dont trust it in the water 2 mcuh.I have water hunted with it because of ease of pinpoint,but hard to use in deeper lake water.Think the 8" be a good coil to have.Still waiting for a 20" monocoil to be made....(never gonna happen lol)

My problem is that the Infinium is limited to about .3g no matter what coil you have. It is more of a big gold detector. This being the case, if I am hunting out of the water for small gold I will use my VLF. It is more sensitive to small gold and has a 5 x 10 coil. I would like to try the 3x7 but if I am sniping bedrock I am going to use my VLF. I think It would be more advantageous to get the 14" mono.

Yeah I want the 5x10 for the gbpro.The Vlf units will not work in some of areas i hunt-maybe the MXT.I need that auto trak sometimes that the infinuim has.I will stick with the 3x7 and use some silicone,It would handle the ground minereals better.

I must say I use the 3x7 in sandlots.Pick up alot of small iron but magnet gets them.It still goes I would say 9" around on quarters and nickels.I pick up alot of targets i miss with my other machines.
Its nice to pinpoint with compared to big coil.I do find increasing discrimination will lose depth-quite abit compared to the stock coil.

IMHO the 8 mono is the only way to go for shallow targets. It will find the small and has the power for depth, is waterproof and light enough to use all day. The 8 mono has it all! My favorite coil.

I will have to agree-the 8" sounds like a must have coil.Will it perform better for bedrock sniping maybe not but I want to do some water beach hunting-I think it would be the best for this.The 14" maybe just a bit tricky to pinpoint.I will own all the coils-maybe not the 5x10,That would be the last..I cant afford a new machine and the infinium has worked well.I cant stand hot rocks the Vlf machine's detect.I own a gold bug pro and am happy with its performance but cant stand hot rocks.The infinium detects the odd one-hardly ever though.Once its Ground balanced right falsing only acures for me when I bump the coil.