Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

snorkling

Depends on your own personal weight plus any wetsuits if worn.

You say "snorkling" which means no weight if you plan to surface swim and detect.

Wading and detecting.....may need some weight if you don't want to bob too much as the water gets deeper.

Trial and error will get you there........but be careful of over weighting. The last thing you want is to step into deeper water / holes and have a pile too much lead on you !

Tony

Yes just wade and detect but, I'll need to be able to quick-disconnect when needed, but not so easy that it could disconnect unintentionally.

When you say snorkeling...........are you swimming? I know guys who us a mask and snorkel, but they are just out over their heads still walking then fanning targets .... not swimming. I walk out to my chin and even wear a 7 MM suit in the winter, but dont use weights. But...... ive been at it few years with a lot of hours and have just learned ........ its all in the right curse word lol.

Dew

I never used any weight snorkeling. Used quite a few pounds while scuba diving. You swim on the surface and weights would only make it more difficult to stay on the surface. Dive weights can be put on a belt and the belt can be disconnected and dropped easily.

Weight depends on suit worn. Just slightly positive floating helps to overcome wave action/swells also. Just enough to help eliminate that wetsuit buoyancy, I use 3- 5lbs at a time to adjust so most accurate-John

Here is the problem with giving advice on here. Water kills. If you are going to just snorkel a lot of factors come into play as to how much weight to use or not use. Here is the key. You need enough weight to keep you neutral buoyant. YOU have to experiment. You don't want to be weighted down nor do you want to pop to the surface like a cork. If you have a wet suit on you need more than if you just have a swim suit on. YOU also need to know how to drop your weight belt if you get in any trouble. Forget what your stupid gear costs. Save your life then get your gear if you can.

This is the best advice anyone can give I feel.