Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snow storm got at my daughters place.

George-CT

Took out the power lines and put a tree on the roof. Same with my son's place. We actually did ok here....Crazy storm for this time of year, Jan thru March it would be normal. With the leaves still on a lot of big trees, it added enough weight from the wet snow to pretty much cripple the state.... Lets hope its not a sign of the type of winter we will have. Do need another one like last year.....

George-CT

We have had a pretty good fall thus far... temps are high 40s to low 50s during the day... and barely freezing [if that] at night.

It could stay like this all winter and i would be happy. :):

Hope that all is well with you

calm seas

Micheal

Thats great your having a nice fall. The longer it stays that way the better, shortens the winter, at least in your mind.... Heidi took a pretty good hit. The power company is telling her that it may be a week before she gets power. At lot of the big transmission lines went down, and also sub stations took a lot of hits from tree's. Where she lives its and older city with lots of big old tree's and they are down everywhere, to the point that have to go house by house. They told her today to hire in the tree crew to get the tree off her roof and also electricians to put back up the entrance head and phone and cable boxes and wire. It also knocked her furnace brick chimney off the roof, so we need to make sure no bricks went down whats left there. There is a cleanout at the bottom. Have to walk there still as a lot of tree's still blocking the roads. She does have 2 fireplace and a wood stove so she has heat from those. She put and insert in one in the living room and it does a nice job of heating....They have city water so no problem with water. She has been coming here for showers.... Strick town on zoning rules and only licences people can do the work, like cutting tree's. Her insurance company said that because they declared it a disaster area, they they have her get hold of the contractors and they pay it after its done with receipts with fair amount of help from the disaster fund. Right now they are having all they can do to get the roads open, not much done at all on the lines yet except the real big feeders lines and hospitals, nursing homes. It will all come together, just going to be slow and nuisance for a week. She has a monster Beach tree in her yard, good thing it didn't come down, the house would be fire wood... These tree's were from the neighbor and they are pitching in also getting legal tree cutters in with boom trucks etc... Dear old Dad just wanted to go up and wack it up, but thats a no no in Manchester, CT.

George-CT

George I'm glad to hear everyone is OK!

We dogged the bullet here along the shore.

The storm track dropped most of its bad news in the higher elevations and down toward Fairfield area.

Irene was child's play compared to this one.

At least it wasn't one of those mid-winter beasts that can really be tragic for people.

Hope everything works out for your daughter,

CJ

To be 'licensed' does not necessarily mean that you are capable... and the reverse is true too... I am not a 'licensed' welder/machinist..... but my work is pretty darn good.

Fair winds

Micheal

Where are you located now? Last we heard from you I think you were just finishing up in Peru and had settled in a village to rest up before moving on.

George-CT