Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snowed in and bored. Coin finds observation.

In December 1968 we were the coldest spot in the nation, -51. Schools were closed but I still had a paper route so put on 1000 layers of clothes and two coats to go out! I felt like the that kid in Christmas Story except my arms were like TRex. I could not reach the middle of my chest bag so grabbed papers on each corner, lifted them straight up, and simply dropped it on the porches.

In December 1968 we were the coldest spot in the nation, -51. Schools were closed but I still had a paper route so put on 1000 layers of clothes and two coats to go out! I felt like the that kid in Christmas Story except my arms were like TRex. I could not reach the middle of my chest bag so grabbed papers on each corner, lifted them straight up, and simply dropped it on the porches.
🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

@RON,

What I'm surprised about is the amount of Canadian coins we find. Why would those be in people's pockets, unless stores back in the day took them?

They did take them..... only paper was discounted. I discovered in my batch of pennies a second Canadian 1867-1967!! Now I have 2 and no idea where to spend them......

I remember going to Canada in 64 or 65 and Dad took several rolls of new Kennedy half dollars to trade for whiskey and wool, now those were the days!!