Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So how do you tell what series coil you have?

Deese

When I bought my GBSE I had to get the 11" DD coil from a third party, no names but the seller believed that all the coils were the same at that time. My coil says teknetics on it,not fisher. I dont see any other marks on it,no part number etc... I dont mean to ask stupid questions,but how do you tell a 11"DD F75 coil from a 11"DD GBSE coil???? I need to know if I have been using the wrong coil for 6 months. That would suck, and I'm really curious today because yesterday I used the small coil that the GBSE came with and found several old coins.

All of the F Series coils that I have seen have the Fisher decal on them. My GBSE also came with a coil that had no decal on it, so unless you send it to Fisher to have it "Certified" you will never know unless there is a self ohm test that you could do to compare it to the F series coils. I used my G2 coil on my GBSE and it mirrored the performance of my "No Name" Coil.......................Mark

A 11in coil that says Teknetics is good to go because it has to be a Greek series coil .
A T2 coil wount work. :clap:

The coil that came with the G2 says Teknetics and works on the Omega.

Tom

gmanlight said:
A 11in coil that says Teknetics is good to go because it has to be a Greek series coil .
A T2 coil wount work. :clap:
So you are saying a T2 coil doesnt say Teknetics on it?

Just read the sticky thread by Dave J at the top of this forum.
The T2 coil will not work on the GB/G2 so if the coil says Teknetics
and it works it has to be from Gamma / Delta /Omega or [Greek series]

Ok sounds like I may be ok,I pulled a 1907 V nickel and two Mercs with the small coil today. I may take the 11" back tomorrow and see how it does.There is alot of iron in this yard I was at today.

The T2 and the other Tek coil are wried differently. I have a Tek coil for my GB and it works perfectly. Greek series.

Bob

The F5, Omega 8000 and the Gold Bug SE / Pro and the G2 all use the same coils (5" DD and 11" DD). A coil for the F75 may work or may not work, there has been some mixed results.

Any of the coils for the F5 (Fisher) and Greek series (Teknetics Omega, Gamma, Delta and Alpha) should work on the G2 / Gold Bug SE / Pro, but in saying that, Dave J. has made it clear in a number of posts that the Gold Bug SE / Pro and G2 was designed to work with DD coils only (5" DD & 11" DD).

The fact that some 8" and 10" coils from other metal detectors (ie Greek series) work on the Gold Bug SE / Pro / Teknetics G2 was a bonus, but Fisher / Teknetics has not released any Press Releases saying that these other coils can be purchased / used on them officially. Until that time, you are limited to the DD (Fisher Gold Bug SE / Pro / Teknetics G2 / Omega 8000) coils unless you want to take the risk of using another coil from the Greek series / F5 detectors, ie, the 8" and 10" coils.

Also, note, the coils for the F5 need to have the screw lock type of plug and not the push in type unless you know how to make an adapter similar to the one below.
(Note: You do this at your own risk I might add).

The adaptor below allows me to use the coils from the Greek series and Gold Bug SE / Pro / G2 on my F5.