Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So....I traded my Tejon for a Bandido 2....

And I am in love! This is THE detector to have if you are a Tesoro fan. I really liked my Tejon and my Silver Micromax, but this thing is the cat's meow for most of my general detecting duties. It runs stable and quiet, the "No-Motion All Metal" with the "Retune" switch makes pinpointing PRECISE, and in my bad soil the depth difference is negligible. The lightweight and single battery operation is icing on the cake. The only thing I lost with the swap as far as I'm concerned is the Dual Disc on the Tejon. But I won't miss it. The pinpointing on the Bandido is much easier with the No-Motion and Retune features, vs the Fast Autotune AM trigger pinpoint on the Tejon. I have a dime and a nickel that's been buried in my front yard for a few years, and the Bandido will sound off clear and repeatable in Disc mode, and the Sens anywhere above 5. That's good enough for me. I'm using the 7" Round Widescan coil, and get similar but slightly weaker signals with the 8" Round Concentric.

If you are in the market for a good coinshooting or general use detector, try and find yourself an older Bandido 2 Micromax. I read the hype, and now I'm a believer. The humble little Bandido 2 is the total package. :cheers::tesoro:

Any other Bandido 2 fans out there???

Yup! I have 6 machines... And have had my b2 umax for probably 2 years or so. Hands down, my favorite! Period.

I threw the clean sweep coil on that thing.., and let me just say.. That combo had found most of the gold jewelry I have found. Fun as all get out.

You are gonna love it!

My other machines are the compadre, the silver, the Vaquero an f2 and the f70. Still sort of new to the f70. But that b2 umax... Again... I'll never get rid of it.

Like all my other Tesoros.... It'll talk to you.

If you are a jewelry park hunter.. Which I am... That thing will find the gold for sure. I kknow they all will.. But it's my favorite. Add the CSC if you have a mind to.. . Total fun!

Enjoy! Any questions etc... Let me know. As others.. I've tons of time with this machine. Be happy to talk about it.

Congratulations!

Ron

Hi , are the Bandido 2 's coils compatible with the Vaquero Coils ? And also is the Bandido 2 a Multi Tone Machine ? Thanks in advance , Zone

zone3799 said:
Hi , are the Bandido 2 's coils compatible with the Vaquero Coils ? And also is the Bandido 2 a Multi Tone Machine ? Thanks in advance , Zone
No and no.

Are just conpatbles Civola coils, vaquero, tejón and lobo, the others are not compatible with these,.
Also you did wrong instead 21st century technology for 20 century, comments contrary, they have played a trick, simply because there are users who love their obsolete machines. Pardon my English.

as the Bandido II µMAX [size=small](microMAX)[/size] and not just the Bandido II. I wasn't certain which of the four Bandido series models you had until your second paragraph, and there IS a difference.

thumperjones said:
And I am in love! This is THE detector to have if you are a Tesoro fan.
The Bandido II µMAX definitely IS one of my all-time favorite Tesoro models.

thumperjones said:
The only thing I lost with the swap as far as I'm concerned is the Dual Disc on the Tejon. But I won't miss it.
I don't consider it a loss at all. With the Bandido II µMAX you can adjust the Discrimination to a point you like, then toggle to the All Metal mode and search. Get a hit and toggle back to Discriminate and check it, or search in thr Discriminate mode and get a hit and toggle to the All Metal mode to size-it and Pinpoint.

To do that with the Téjon you have to deactivate the primary Disc. and click it into All Metal mode and GB. Then adjust the Alternate Disc. mode as your Primary Disc. function and set it up like the Bandido II µMAX. Search in All Metal [size=small](trigger centered)[/size], and flip the trigger forward to active the Discriminate mode setting. Or, search in the trigger-forward Alt. Disc. mode and trigger back to All Metal to check a target's size or hunt in All Metal. Thus, the 'dual mode' Discrimination isn't available to use and isn't really practical anyway. It actually takes more fiddling around with the Téjon to make those two models perform the same way as a Bandido II µMAX.

thumperjones said:
The pinpointing on the Bandido is much easier with the No-Motion and Retune features, vs the Fast Autotune AM trigger pinpoint on the Tejon.
I don't mind a good auto-tune in All Metal Pinpoint, but sometimes a too-fast auto-tune in the All Metal search mode is annoying.

thumperjones said:
I have a dime and a nickel that's been buried in my front yard for a few years, and the Bandido will sound off clear and repeatable in Disc mode, and the Sens anywhere above 5. That's good enough for me.
I have noted more irregular performance with different Tesoro search coils, but I prefer to use the 6" [size=small](Tesoro calls it 5.75)[/size] Concentric and 7" Concentric on my Tesoro models. Great performance.

thumperjones said:
I'm using the 7" Round Widescan coil, and get similar but slightly weaker signals with the 8" Round Concentric.
I have had some weak performing search coils, and that can throw comparisons off a little. I always try to use 2 to 5 coils of the same type when I can to kind of 'average out' their performance. I use, currently, a 6" Concentric and 7" Concentric on the Bandido II µMAX and Outlaw, and have used 7" Concentrics for almost 32 years now, and they generally match or sometimes get slightly better depth and responses than an 8" coil.

thumperjones said:
If you are in the market for a good coinshooting or general use detector, try and find yourself an older Bandido 2 Micromax. I read the hype, and now I'm a believer. The humble little Bandido 2 is the total package. :cheers::tesoro:
I still am in search of some Bandido II µMAX models for a few friends, but it's getting harder to find them in nice, clean condition.

thumperjones said:
Any other Bandido 2 fans out there???
Yep, I sure am one of them. :thumbup:

Monte

al-andalus said:
Also you did wrong instead 21st century technology for 20 century, comments contrary, they have played a trick, simply because there are users who love their obsolete machines. Pardon my English.
Nobody is "playing tricks" when it comes to the performance these models can provide. The Bandido II µMAX was/is/and will be one of my all-time favorite Tesoro models for one excellent reason ..... They Work.

Older technology? Yes. Full of updated and modern displays or audio tone features? Nope.

Light weight, simple to set up, easy to use? Yes. Performs well in a dense iron nail environment? Yes, and is capable of handling a dense iron nail infested location better than the majority of detectors available today, regardless of price and features the 21st century models might feature.

Oh, I certainly own and use my current detector brands, but I left room in my arsenal for a couple of Tesoro's. They work, and that's what matters.

Monte

:super:thumperjones I told you that would like the the Bandido II µMAX now i will have to find me another one I miss it already.
thanks for the Tejon.
we will have to get together some time and do some digging

New guy here, what are the diffierances between the Outlaw and the older bandido? Is it the kHz?

ringading said:
:super:thumperjones I told you that would like the the Bandido II µMAX now i will have to find me another one I miss it already.
thanks for the Tejon.
we will have to get together some time and do some digging

Hey bud! You were right, I really like this detector. I really enjoyed the Tejon too, and in the right place they can't be beat. But for my usual detecting spots, the Bandido just works great. Thanks again for the trade, I hope the Tejon does as well for you as it did for me, I'm sure it will.

And gimme a shout and we will go dig around!

Hobojo said:
New guy here, what are the diffierances between the Outlaw and the older bandido? Is it the kHz?

Welcome Hobojo...

The Outlaw (10.6 kHz) is a new version of the Bandido ll µMax (10kHz) Differences? The RETUNE button on the Outlaw is the main difference, the Bandido ll µMax has a spring loaded momentary Re-Tune toggle switch. Both operate very similar in the trash with a fast recovery rate and quick response, especially in areas thick with rusty nails. Both great metal detectors. There are 3 older Bandidos that are much better (quieter) in the the small ferrous trash than the Bandido ll µMax and the Outlaw reminds me of older Bandidos in this regard.