Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So if I had the deus and 3 different coils

Would I have the equivalent of 3 different detectors? I remember seeing an Andy Sabisch video/comment in the past couple of weeks or so referencing this point so i thought I'd ask all of you. I have the 11 LF and if I got the 9" round HF and the 9.5 elliptical HF would that be like having 3 machines capable of most dirt and dry sand hunting conditions? I have my Excal for salt water as well as for fresh and a Dual Field as well for those certain salt water hunts so waterproof is not an issue. My thought has been to add the Equinox when it came out to go along with the deus but would it make more sense to add the coils and essentially have the best of all worlds detector wise? I'd love to hear your thoughts and I don't mind if they're biased towards the deus.
TIA
skate

You would have a Deus with three different coils.
The Nox is an unknown , how can you make a comparison?
It may make the Deus obsolete and anachronistic.

it would be like having 5 detectors. It time you change freq you basically have another detector. BTW the equinox might not obsolete the deus either we will all have to wait. If one would think about it ALL companies are playing catch up to the deus in the wireless lightweight department yes even minelab is too. Deus has had this platform for 5 years , what do you think their next machine will be like?

sprchng said:
You would have a Deus with three different coils.
The Nox is an unknown , how can you make a comparison?
It may make the Deus obsolete and anachronistic.

Right and I'm aware of this. It's just a hypothetical question is all. I'm not worried about any machine making any other machine obsolete though. We have seen time and again that a claim of how great something is lies in the detectorist, not the detector.

My point is simply the deus good enough that instead of having a stable of 5 different machines or so, a deus with 3 coils (including the HF's) be the equivalent? At some point we all have to stop searching (and spending) on the next great thing and truly learn to master the one we've got.

I'm not worried about any machine making any other machine obsolete though.

There are people who still swear by analog detectors. I think the only real "obsolete" detector I've seen is the BFO and I wouldn't be surprised to see some still swearing by them LOL.

calabash digger said:
it would be like having 5 detectors. It time you change freq you basically have another detector. BTW the equinox might not obsolete the deus either we will all have to wait. If one would think about it ALL companies are playing catch up to the deus in the wireless lightweight department yes even minelab is too. Deus has had this platform for 5 years , what do you think their next machine will be like?

This is just delusional homey talk , but for some , bias is bliss.

I think it depends on the type of hunting you do the most and I have yet to see anyone display where the HF coils improve the Deus in modern trash , in fact they appear to be a hindrance with their tendency to cram all high conductors together and show no great affinity for separating gold from aluminum , so they are a bust for the modern park hunter. If you're a corn field beep and dig detectorist they are great with their separation and light weight but the whole world of detecting does not revolve around digging every high tone chirp you swing a coil over.

I tend to agree with Sprcng, I'm still waiting to see the merit of the HF coils. IMO the HF Freqs are too high for anyone but a prospector, but again I'm open minded that they might do some specialty trick.

Deus will be better then the Nox for me because it has better tones and is truly wireless. (Minelabs can't talk like the Deus can, they have elevator tones.)
If you do want multiple machines, the Deus is literally like that if you got a spare coil or headphones.

Minelab can pound sand. They had me as a customer, I had three of them, but they stagnated and were overpriced. They were nice machines, but how long are they going to drag that Etrac out with the 8 AA batteries.

The Nox will probably compete well against the Deus, but I'm not going to abandon XP now just because Minelab finally started to play catch up with their copy-cat machine.

I'm hoping the Equinox will replace my Excalibur, the Excalibur is not that deep, has no target ID and weighs like what 7-8 pounds ridiculous. That will give me the Equinox for get wet hunting, the Explorer Se Pro for wet sand hunting, and XP Deus with HF coil for small gold hunting. The Se Pro stomps the Excalibur on depth and smaller targets, but even it can't hit small gold. I have tested the Deus 9 inch round HF coil on VERY small gold, it hits nicely. Why hunt very small gold? Because a big ass honker diamond may be attached, or the lobster claw clasp of a long good weight gold chain. Diamond solitaire wedding rings that orient stone down like a coin on edge.

Multiple machines for various types of hunting, yes I also own more than one drill bit for my drill.

The Deus with 9" LF coil struggles in my soil (ID & Depth) very similar to other single freq units I've used. I can't bring myself to sell it because its so light and easy to throw in a pack. It's a dream to swing all day, without a harness, and has better separation than my CTX.
If I knew a HF coil would get me similar depth to my CTX I'd love to own the Elliptical but I don't think that's possible and my 56kHz Makro Racer Gold is what I grab when looking for small gold jewelry; might replace that unit except I use the 4x6 coil for tight spots and even better separation.
I would love to own one machine as light as the Deus but unfortunately that doesn't fit my soil nor hunting style.
Good luck with your decision & happy hunting.

You guys will have to drawn your own conclusions about the parks and hf coils but in the relic department it has advantages , the first and foremost for me is stability.... I will have a equinox when they come out and I'm interested in it to see what it can do.
sprchng said:
calabash digger said:

I think it depends on the type of hunting you do the most and I have yet to see anyone display where the HF coils improve the Deus in modern trash , in fact they appear to be a hindrance with their tendency to cram all high conductors together and show no great affinity for separating gold from aluminum , so they are a bust for the modern park hunter. If you're a corn field beep and dig detectorist they are great with their separation and light weight but the whole world of detecting does not revolve around digging every high tone chirp you swing a coil over.

sprchng said:
calabash digger said:

This is why I have a Deus and CTX I will use CTX for parks and standing homes and use Deus in field even though the CTX is an excellent choice for field use as well. The recovery in iron is better with Deus and target ID is better with CTX I sort of equate it to a golfer who will chose a driver off the tee but use a pitching wedge around the green, both great tools but have different capabilities they compliment each other very well.

Well said. I have both and I agree completely.

One thing for sure Alain will not be sitting on his Laurels while other manufactures move forward.

He has led the way with 100% wireless machines for 7+ years.

Even Minelab with their new Equinox have failed in this respect.

Exiting times ahead for sure.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Why do you want to have 3 coils, with the current XP Deus you only need one coil and use your different preset factory programs to go for relic, beach, gold field etc. And if you have the standard low freq. Coil you always get a HF coil for your XP Deus, I don't see the need of having 3 coils one coil can do the job.

Whitbey said:
Why do you want to have 3 coils, with the current XP Deus you only need one coil and use your different preset factory programs to go for relic, beach, gold field etc. And if you have the standard low freq. Coil you always get a HF coil for your XP Deus, I don't see the need of having 3 coils one coil can do the job.

I could use my hack saw to cut a 2 X 4 but I think it makes more sense to use my skill saw or table saw. I could also use my hack saw to cut trees down, but I find my chain saw to be a more appropriate tool. The Deus is incredibly flexible, I would agree. You don't NEED lots of coils, but each coil does have a particular area where it out-performs the others.

This is why I have my Etrac the fbs detectors smoke the Deus on salt beaches no comparison!!!