Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So, in your opinion, what new detector is the best? I had to quit detecting a few years ago

I had tried out basically all of the detectors made up through the years and had found the 2 best to be the White's MXT and Minelab GT. The only newer one i've tried, is the Fisher F70 I have now [along with my MXT]
I would be interested in hearing what you consider to be exceptional detectors, that have come out in the last couple of years?
Thanks for sharing your info. I hate to waste time & money on detectors that are not greater in ability, than what I have already.

ok ill be the odd one here......
:minelab::clapping::detecting::minelab::clapping::detecting::minelab::thumbup::minelab::minelab::minelab:
if hunting the beaches imo just get the best for the beach....an excalibur2 imo enough said..
good luck
hh
john

Thanks John and I definately agree!
I should have specified a land unit.
The only thing Minelab could do to improve the Excal, is to make it so it doesn't breakdown! :-(
Lighter would be nice too, as it's not a great hipmount detector?

hummm well i dont know, ive had mine for over a year and it gets abused allot at the beach,no problems yet for me and i have several friends with same excalibur2 and no problems...
ive hip mounted mine with a military style belt and a swingy thingy and it works very very well,i do have a anderson straight shaft on it for comfort which works out great..
as for a land machine im going to get a etrac,from what ive read itll do what id like to do here in fla and when i go up north too..
hope this helps
see you out on the beaches
hh
john

I vote the Xterra 705 over any other land machine right now and I've had the MXT , F-70 & F-75 LTD. Fishers machines are way too unstable for me....MO

Hi Chuck,

Been a while since I Talk to you, but agree the GT and the MXT are to great detectors. The MXT is a fun detector to use and we have one my wife uses as it does good for her plus was fun for me to use. The GT takes a little time to get to know for some and it really does well for those that get to know it. Now I have a E-Trac too and the F-75 LTD and find the E-Trac does a really good job and recommend it highly while the F-75 I had before and now the F-75 LTD which seems to run quieter than the older F-75 I had, but it does real good for me in trashy site for me and seen it pick up some nice coins in well worked out sites.
If you get a chance try a E-Trac or a F-75 LTD and remember to get to know them well as they will do good for you.

Rick

Hi Rick! :clapping:
Yes, it has been a while!
I have had a few suggestions for an E-Trac, so I guess that will be what I try next!
I would assume that the F-75 ltd, will be very similar to the F70 I have, from what research i've done?
Thanks! And nice talking with you again!
It's only 51 out here this morning! Brrrrr
Somehow I think you have that beat in ND. :)

The Etrac sounds like what I need to try next!
As to the Excalibur breakdowns, i've had 4 of them and all 4 had to be sent in for repairs within 2 years.
It is a common problem to those of us who have used them from day one.
As long as it's under warranty, it's safe.
Of course, there have been guys who have owned them for 6-7 years and were rough with them and still no problems. But problems have always been very common.

OH YA! The MXT is here to stay!
I just sold my MXT that was in excellent condition, but out of warranty and bought one is lesser condition, but with 23 months warranty and i'll most likely do the same thing, 23 months from now! :)

The F70 is not similar to the F75LTD. Not even close, at least not as far as performance. Physical dimensions are just about the same though.

It's not to say the F70 is a poor unit, it's not. There's a noticeable difference with in the ground target depth at the majority of places used, and it's a quieter while searching.

Mr. Bill

Hi Chuck,i think the problem we all have as detectorists is that we are always looking for a machine that is better than the one we are using at the time.I've gone through loads of different detectors searching for the ultimate machine and in all honesty it just does not exist.I've owned Whites machines,tesoros,a T2,xp's,red heats,minelabs,c-scopes,Nautilus and all the top models from these companies are on a par with each other.....they are all good at finding coins and relics.Some machines will do better than another in certain conditions but there is not a machine on the market that excels at everything.The mxt and sovereign are about as good as it gets.

Hi Bill :)
Of course, i've had no experience with the F75, just the F70. I was just going by posts i've read and especially this, which even shows the F70 to be superior in some ways.=
http://www.fisherf75.com/pb/wp_8bad0861/wp_8bad0861.html
HH,
Chuck

Etrac is great on silver deep or shallow love mine cant go wrong, have not dug any gold yet though. good luck hh joe