Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So much beach, so little time!

Goldstrike

I spent my small window of time on the beach (Huntington Beach SoCal) the other day and although these coins are nothing to show or talk about, they represent to me, 3 hours of detecting 'heaven'. I moved from Southern California (after 40 years living there) to Utah last year. My new home is almost finished and it sits on the 10 acres I have here. It's really beautiful here but I continue to yearn for the opportunity to jump in the car and be at the beach/s along the Pacific coastline within an hour or so when I lived there.
Next week I get to camp out at South Carlsbad (some miles above San Diego) with family and friends for a whole week! and guess where I'll be spending most of the time!!!! Hopefully I'll be rattling some gold and silver in my sand scoop very soon!!!
:thumbup:Happy hunting and enjoy the journey!

Totally agree! It sure is nice combing the beach. Good luck at Carlsbad!

HH

Nice hey the clad adds up! I hit one beach last sept and in 2 hours I had about $20.00 in clad

Goldstrike, nice pic's of the beach and the clad count. Best of luck to you in your next outing and hunt at Carlsbad. May you find good and silver in your scoop.

Thanks guy's!! and thank you for the encouraging words! It would be great to see the same volume of detecting goodies that we used to see on the forums. Seeing a gold ring being detected was almost a ho-hum post!! but nowadays, it's getting pretty rare to see those same kind of posts we used to see. I'm a positive guy though and if we think and act positive, good things always will happen!
Let's see what the beach has in store for me next week!! Happy hunting to you as well.:thumbup:

Maybe you’ll be lucky to score one of these on the beach like I did two weekends ago..
I never expected to find one on this beach l!! 1776 2 Reale!

Mkus said:
Maybe you’ll be lucky to score one of these on the beach like I did two weekends ago..

Dang!!! that's an awesome coin. If I found a coin that old on a beach, I would be assuming there would be an old shipwreck offshore somewhere? There has to be more old coins but probably deeper than your detector can reach? It still wouldn't stop me from looking for more!!

bootyhoundpa said:
Hope you don’t do too well or you might not want to go home lol...location location location.

I would love to buy a small lplace by the sea but the prices are incredibly high!! Maybe one day though!!

Goldstrike said:
Mkus said:

Dang!!! that's an awesome coin. If I found a coin that old on a beach, I would be assuming there would be an old shipwreck offshore somewhere? There has to be more old coins but probably deeper than your detector can reach? It still wouldn't stop me from looking for more!!
Thanks I’ve hit quite a few old coins on this beach I had s good feeling a good silver would pop up but not a 2 Reale this beach is long and narrow it actually a point that extends out into a cove most of the coins I found were along the beach just under grassy area,
Oh believe me I will continue to go to this spot maybe a gold coin I’m digging every signal the Reale rang up 25-26 ..
It’s my second Reale in my 3 years detecting..

Howdy Goldstrike--

The joy of detecting is in the hunt! The good finds are icing on the cake! Glad that you got out to the beech and had some fun. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel