Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So watching from the balcony

Dancer

A young couple just happy to be on the beach. Snapping pictures jumping around. So they're having fun and all. Till she does a cartwheel. Than a little panic, she begins grabbing sand looking for a bracelet I think. Not long she came up with it. You could see their relief. This is just one way things are lost "On The Beach".

i've only beach hunted 12 years now. In that short time I have personally watched 2 beach weddings that ended with everybody having to sift sand for the brides ring. Just last yr. a pal of mine saved the day with his Xcal. That was a good find after a couple dozen people tramped all over it. Ever year it's not rare to come across someones swim trunks. How do you leave without your shorts. We haven't yet here this season, but $1500 plus smart phones continue to be found out in the drink or lost in the deep dry sand.

I dont beach hunt as a rule. I do take it with me every year when we vacation on the OR coast, found one 14k necklace with a fake (but 14k coated) gold nugget pendant right where the beach meets the access path. Otherwise just coins……. But I still go and sweep!!!

Ronstar, that necklace would sure make many a beach hunter proud.
I had to move down the beach about 1 1/2 miles to a washout that usually produces. About 50 coins, some junk jewelry for $4.30 some. This year I'd guess 90% or more of the pennies are trash, corroded. So other day, watching a pal with a new machine hunting with his coil on backwards. I went down and asked how was it going. "Nothing". I said you might do better if you walked backwards. Seeing how your coils mounted. Boy, did we have a good laugh.

So a grandpa and his grandson (abt :geek: came bouncing down the beach after spotting me from their room. Wanted to talk about MDing. The youngin got a machine they said. "Where's it at?" Back up the room. I said look, here is the best advice I can think of for you guys. Take that machine to the beach, scatter around a dollar in change in a area. Let the boy learn to hunt. Grandpa looked at me like I was Nuts! "Scatter a Dollar !" And believe me he could afford it. Can't figure that out.

Ah, this can't be ! True story happened last season. Buddy and almost everyday hunter was watching a weekend hunter finishing up before leaving one Sunday. So almost up to the Hotel, in plain sight of my pal watching from his balcony. Guy pulls up a heavy mans gold band with a single diamond. I think he was ready to leap. What a Razzing he had to take. Some questions " Where exactly do you turn your machine off, coming back?" "How long do you think that ring been there, a day a week ?". It went on and on. Truth is something like this happens all the time somewhere.