Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Soccer Field Gold Charm

Found this nice cat charm on a local soccer field. Tested 18K at the jewelers - it has 1 aquamarine main stone, 15 aquamarine smaller stones on its head, and 3 white topaz stones on its collar. Using a Whites XLT with a Bigfoot coil - hunting a soccer field that I previously groomed of trashy signals last year. This is the 5th piece of gold recovered from the same soccer field!

That's awesome! I wish I could check parks but unless I am mistaken VA is one of the only places it is illegal to detect in school yards and public parks. Seems silly to me unless it was on a known historic site.

Bishop2012 said:
.... I wish I could check parks but unless I am mistaken VA is one of the only places it is illegal to detect in school yards and public parks. Seems silly to me unless it was on a known historic site.

Huh ?? Where are you getting this information that school yards and public parks are a no-no across the entire state of VA ? I think you are confusing something at the state level (state parks perhaps) with other levels (county, city, federal, etc...). Any think you read of at state parks levels, is ONLY for state parks. Not other forms (city, county, private) .

Trust me: There's people md'ing parks and schools in VA having no problems whatsoever. Sure, just avoid obvious historic sensitive monuments, obviously.

Howdy sandbandit--

Now THAT'S a nice kitty! Congratulations! The XLT strikes again. Good job! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Nice find & congrats - wish you many more great finds. Soccer is just starting here & there are a lot of fields to detect on.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

Congrats on a very nice find!

Nice cat charm. Yes, your time there is paying off.

Good find. Smart patient strategy. I'm always amazed at detectorists who leave the trash behind only yo be dug again on their next outing.

Very nice find :)
What area of the field did you find it in?
I like to hunt the circle, the corners, and around the goals first. Then I grid the whole field from one end to the other.

I like to grid the entire area first and remove all signals (good & bad), then go back after some time and look for fresh drops. I like to hunt the chair lines along the sidelines - that's the most likely area for people to drop things, then the goal areas. Been a good pattern for years now - the same fields keep producing gold on follow-up visits. This particular soccer field produced a 14K chain (18" long), a 16K coin pendant (laser cut/unicorn - country unknown), a 14K bracelet (Italy), and a 22K ring (rose gold - with flowers / Middle Eastern). Those 4 gold items were recovered in an hour and a half during the first return visit after grooming (about 6 months prior). The 18K cat charm was recovered in 30 minutes 3 months after that.

Give it a try sometime - I do the same pattern with small swimming area beaches, football fields, grassy parks, and kids playgrounds.

Good luck to you!

Richard
San Diego

Thanks for the info.. I will give it a go next time out..

Robert
Katy, Tx