Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sold my XT 705..

EOS

I made the big mistake and sold my Xterra. It have been with me for years,and it did just goes on.. I couldnt imagine how much I miss it..really. Its just such an simple machine,no fussy things and blips,just good all metal,no need for discrimination.
You might guess what I bought instead..? Yes,the french stick - XP deus. A really,really,fast and great machine in many ways,but I miss the simplicity of the XT705. I have trouble liking the sound on XP. My ear could tell me what was under the ground with the soft tones from the X-terra.

So I guess I have to pick up a new 705. I will never sell my E-trac,since its just such a fantastic machine -slow,heavy..but,amazingly good for most terrain.
Well,I better order soon.The fields are just about to be cleared :)

/Mike

That will teach you Mike! :lol:
I made up my mind a few years back that I'll never make that mistake. Other machines may come and go, but the 705 I'll have until I die. There just isn't another unit out there that can do what it does. Between it's light weight, simplicity and ease of operation, range of features, the tonal nuances, and the price, I can't think of another serious competitor.

I think Old Longhair stated it RIGHT the 705 just can't be beat.
Don

Ohh..thanks guys,now I feel even worse :)
Well,Luckily there are some XT705 to a fair price. I purchased mine 2010 and I guess it have
seen many hours on the fields.

I have used the 5x10" most of the times,my absolute favorite coil.
Second must be the WOT 15" mf i picked up in UK.
What I really,really miss is the AllMetal mode and the signals. Its not that fast as the Deus,but good enough. Also charging coil,headphones and coil on the Deus is another thing I dont like. The XT use only four AA and they last very long.

The Deus can be very deep,if you set it right.

/Mike

I have been told that the 305 has been discontinued and the rest are going sooner or later, i only hope they replace them with something worthy.
The 705 has found me more coinage than all the other detectors i have had combined on the beach , will have to buy another ET to replace my Explorer 11 in a year or more if they are still made.

The Deus is able to search quite deep but all depends on the settings.

I've just had round 2 with another explorer se for four months,it was a toss up between it and the 705 when I purchased the explorer.well,I got rid of the explorer and just got a 705 with 3 hf coils.If coins come I'll take them,but I hated not knowing if I was missing smaller jewlery.And I never forgot how my old 705 almost seemed to see through iron,just was never a issue.Needless to say I have much more confidence in the 705 than the explorer, or really any prior machine.

Well I've been told the XTerra line still the biggest seller to this day in Australia and other parts of Europe . So it would be bad business for Mine Lab to totally drop the entire line of their "bread and butter". And just about every time they bring out a new line they make something worthy ... Even the Go Find 40 and 60 already have people working on aftermarket coils and find what I have seen on-line hit's plenty deep for a entry level machine ... IMHO , Woodstock
Nuke em said:
I have been told that the 305 has been discontinued and the rest are going sooner or later, i only hope they replace them with something worthy.
The 705 has found me more coinage than all the other detectors i have had combined on the beach , will have to buy another ET to replace my Explorer 11 in a year or more if they are still made.

The Deus is able to search quite deep but all depends on the settings.

A dealer here in the UK told me about the Terra's going but it was a mate in OZ that told me about the 305 being discontinued .

I only hope Minelab bring out a new one or they will regret it.

As for the Go Find , it is only a entry level machine and i think not built to last either .
It's coil also hard wired means it will be hard to make after market coils without messing with the warranty.

Nuke em said:
A dealer here in the UK told me about the Terra's going but it was a mate in OZ that told me about the 305 being discontinued .

I think that you really need to stop listening to gossip and rumors. I have talked to a couple insiders that say the Xterra series isn't going anywhere.

Old Longhair said:
Nuke em said:

I think that you really need to stop listening to gossip and rumors. I have talked to a couple insiders that say the Xterra series isn't going anywhere.

We'll see , anyway pity as i want it to be replaced with a modern up to date version . Its now around 10 years old .

One persons inside info is another's gossip !

Anyway insiders wont want info i say getting out in case it spoils sales and they end up with unsold machines before a new release !