Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Solid Rumors about new Minelab

There are lots of rumors floating of a detector being advertised in the January 2014 issue of Lost Treasure magazine. The ad copy states:

THE FIRST, REAL COMPACT MID-RANGE GOLD DETECTOR IS COMING...

Waterproof
Compact
Rugged
No assembly
Easy to use (switch on & go)
Finds small gold
Proven MPS technology

Most of the speculation is centered around a consumer version of the Minelab F3 Compact demining detector http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/countermine/mine-detectors/f3-compact. The ad has a partial photo that resembles the F3 but blue instead of green.

Not heard anything as yet but i guess it would be aimed at the potential big impact on sales that the ATX could inflict,if it is a new machine just hope it has a much better launch than the CTX had,as that was terrible infact a disastor.It makes you wonder if it would be based on the F3 military design,of course that is pure speculation.

I actually was thinking about an waterproof PI for the beach, ATX maybe.
It actually needs beter depth than the CTX because most of my beaches have been sanded in for quite a while.

Hope my favourite beach brand has something DEEEEP in the works, 3 to 4 scoops are the norm, certainly not the exception!

Steve - who knew you could be such a tease!!!

Seriously, they (as you have previously pointed out) abandoned the mid range a few years ago. That was OK when there was nothing there from the competition either, but now we have not only the TDI, but the ATX plus whatever Whites and maybe even First Texas are about to do.

What would ML offer in a new mid-range PI detector however - let's see -----

Integrated LI battery pack

Dead smooth threshold

Waterproof

Less than $3k

OK pretty good. But how to do that without killing the market for their $5k detector?

They probably know - I sure don't.

Based on this patent. http://www.google.com/patents/WO2007070927A1. This is a amazing complex software design that utilizes a super signal processor using square wave to enable a finer description of a return signature. This design was accomplished by a signal processing expert that intended to set up the design for certain parameters in determining the specific target metal. In short, it will discriminate between different metal signatures.

The concept is sound. I'm encouraged by this and that technology for metal detection has not been maxed out. Kudos on the patent.

The Lost treasure ad stated waterproof, collapsible to 18". Forgot the rest. I believe the ad was at the bottom of P. 65

Mega B said:
Not heard anything as yet but i guess it would be aimed at the potential big impact on sales that the ATX could inflict,if it is a new machine just hope it has a much better launch than the CTX had,as that was terrible infact a disastor.It makes you wonder if it would be based on the F3 military design,of course that is pure speculation.
Mega b you are very close, its looks like its based on Minelab F3 Compact. What we would do without Garrett :lol: