Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some advice regarding new coil for golden uMax please...

Was hoping to buy a new Outlaw w/3coils to compliment the golden uMax, but alas a wedding in the family has nixed that plan, so I thought maybe I could buy a new coil for the golden uMax instead. I have the 9x8 stock coil (which I don'like so much) and the 7 inch wide scan which is working pretty good for me. There are several sports fields that I have access to to, and I recently found my first merc for the season at one, at about 4 inches deep. I would like something bigger to cover more ground and was hoping to gain an inch or two in depth, would the 12x10 wide scan work on the golden? What about depth? I know it is a long shot seeing as the golden has been discontinued, but I would love to hear from anyone who has used the 12x10 on the golden, or even on some of the other u ax detectors. Thanks.

I have used it , 10x12 DD5 pin on my outlaw. its going to give more coverage and maybe a hair more depth than the stock coil still a nice coil ignores junk good to ,

Thanks kaolinwasher, can't say I know how deep the 9x8 will go, as I do not use it much. In my soul, which is slightly mineralized, the wide scan performs better, the 7 inch I use will hit a dime a 5. I'm hoping for a couple more inches with the 12 x 10, I know depth is not everything, but when the grass is kept higher than usual, every inch counts. Even if there is not much gain in depth, the larger foot print of the larger coil will definitely help.

It was nice to hear from kaoliwasher, perhaps some others could offer their insights?

hihosilver said:
Was hoping to buy a new Outlaw w/3coils to compliment the golden uMax, but alas a wedding in the family has nixed that plan, so I thought maybe I could buy a new coil for the golden uMax instead. I have the 9x8 stock coil (which I don'like so much) and the 7 inch wide scan which is working pretty good for me. There are several sports fields that I have access to to, and I recently found my first merc for the season at one, at about 4 inches deep. I would like something bigger to cover more ground and was hoping to gain an inch or two in depth, would the 12x10 wide scan work on the golden? What about depth? I know it is a long shot seeing as the golden has been discontinued, but I would love to hear from anyone who has used the 12x10 on the golden, or even on some of the other u ax detectors. Thanks.

I have the 12X10" DD coil that I have used on the Outlaw, it does great at covering ground. I only used it one time in an open field hunt and found about 20 old bullets, one was a .44 cal. at 8" deep. I plan to use it again on the next plowed wheat field hunt, one caution though, it likes chunky rusty iron on the Outlaw, whereas the 8" concentric doesn't.

...One other problem you might run into is getting a good ground balance with that big coil...... since the Golden µMax does not have an adjustable ground balance. If you like to tinker, ground balance can be adjusted from inside the control box.