Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some boring digs :thumbup: :teknetics:

Bucksport

I know everyone likes to post all their great hunts with the silver and gold, but I say post the blah digs as well.

I have been hitting this same ball field all season with a few silvers found, but also a few good tabs also.

I was using the Eurotek this morning, and continue to adjust to what it is telling me. I can call one of the pull tabs almost perfectly now. They give the nice VCO tone at the center, but give a quick high beep at the edge . Very easy to distinguish now. I still dig them so they don't mask a good target. Anyone that leaves them in is a fool in my book. Settings were 10S/50D/10V btw.

I am always happy to dig nickels. These will be numbers 20 or 21 for the season. Not a large haul in clad, but that is not the point. I have yet to dig gold this year, but have managed a few good silvers. The point is to get out and have some fun.

The pile of tabs is from this field this season. Just thought the new people would like to see how it really is for the average detectorist. I like to always show the good and the bad.
2013-06-07_08-52-54_875_zps01a6fd80.jpg

2013-06-07_08-54-52_699_zpsf99d0ed3.jpg

Very nice work! Those old beavertails give off a good enough tone for me to dig as well...its nice to know when you hear them silver cold be close by. They tell a lot about the age of the place and the depth of the potential finds. Almost every target/tone has potential to be something of value or interest, I guess that's what keeps us going. :thumbup:
Mud

Thanks for posting a picture of the tabs, I have never dug one and always wondered what they looked like :poke:. just kidding with you, we all dig our share of them. Sounds like you are really gettimg to know your Etek, the few times I have used ours I haven't used any discrimination, I think I will try some disc. next time. Last few days have been rainly like crazy here but today suppose to be decent, the wife & I are planing to go detecting today, she will be swinging her Etek with the 8" coil. Like you say my friend it is all about having fun, digging tabs and other non wanted items is part of the fun in my book.

That looks like a great spot to hunt. Exactly the kind of spot I look for.The Eurotek is a Very fun machine.

Robert2300 said:
WOW! Did you find all the great stuff
with the EuroTech? Gotta buy one
right away!
Robt2300
Funny :lmfao:
Not all the tabs were found with the Eurotek. Most were found with the Classic III. You have to realize I am intentionally digging the tabs to get them out of the way. I am also hoping for some gold. Since they are still in the ground at a depth of 3-6", that means that the few people who have come before me have cherry picked with their machines. I have also dug a decent amount of the aluminum soda screw caps. Those give a nice high tone. Anywhere these pieces of junk are found, there will be some coins or jewelry for sure. It is about having patience at a site, also about having fun.
2013-05-19_10-33-29_137_zps347ff310-1_zpsc8e012f0.jpg

Had a nice morning out to do some digging. I was at a school soccer field. Had the disc set at 50 to start, and the first hit was a nickel. After a while I decided to cherry pick because of the trash. I did discover that in a trashy urban environment I can swing the coil 3-4 inches off the ground to eliminate most of the trash signals, but still get solid hits on the coins that are 4-5 inches deep. Many people probably already know and do this, but I thought it was worth noting.
2013-06-09_11-31-14_842_zpsceffc57d.jpg