Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some come here just to criticize

Eric (NH)

Lately, I have been a bit annoyed by posts from those who are clearly brand loyal to other manufacturers. To each his own, but this forum is formed to "to talk about, and offer help to new users of the Garrett AT Pro detector." In my mind, anyone coming here to criticize Garrett without ever having owned or used an AT Pro, is guilty of flaming. Some have never owned a Garrett machine, and in some cases, probably never will. If you are a user of another brand, I think your time would be better spent commenting on that manufacturers site at this website, helping out other users.

For those who own an AT Pro, your reporting of problems (and virtues of the AT Pro) have credibility, and help other owners. Most owners seem satisfied with the repair/service of their machines, with a few exceptions. It is between Garrett and their customers to deal with specific repairs...there are plenty of reports from owners on the service results, so potential buyers have information that will help them decide whether or not to purchase. A fair amount of the complaints I see at this site and others are from non-owners...pay no attention to them...they have no specific knowledge of the AT Pro, and they are not here to help you.

HH, Eric (NH)

I owned a Master Hunter many years ago and got tired of the Bell Tone very quickly--selling the detector after about 6 months. It was a great detector---just hated the constant bell tone. Just got a AT Pro a few months ago( got a newer one and it doesn't false ) I had borrowed a demo and in 10 minutes dug a clad dime at 6 inches where I just searched with my Whites--the Whites didn't "see" the dime---the AT Pro did.
Since the AT Pro has 3 tones and the high tone is the Bell Tone in the STD Mode-------- I have been very satisfied with it.
Before this I had been strictly a Whites owner for 20+ years..having owned 6 of them out of the 13 detectors I have owned over the 41 years I have been detecting.
My 13th detector is the AT Pro-----who says 13 is an unlucky number???????
It has been in park areas where my Whites M6 and IDX couldn't find coins due to iron masking and found plenty of coins and much deeper going back and searching with the AT Pro.

I was a one brand man, until I got the AT Pro

And they are so easy to pick out too. They don't realize it, but after listening to them a couple of times, they tell more about themselves then whatever rant they are trying to present. Some just see things through dark sunglasses, and will spend hours looking for any real and imagined faults on not only Garretts, but other manufacturers as well. Quite often, these same people will have some other issues going on in their lives. Most people tend to leave there on-gong problems at home and off the forums, but some just can't resist the temptation to spread some discontent. A real sorry looking bunch a lot of them are too. Metal detector faults have been dealt with for over 35 years with Garrett, and handled properly, in fact better then most manufacturers. That's why they have been so successful all these years. Yes, a bunch of detectors in the last couple of months have been diagnosed with some real issues, and have been repaired in excellent turn around time. Done! And guess what? There might be some more. Nothing man made is perfect! However, some just can't let this go. They still rant AT Pro issues. To those I say, go somewhere else and spread discontent. Or....perhaps it's time you take a look at yourself and even consider getting into a new hobby. Those who think that they are privileged, been around forever, tried every machine, found it all, know it all may very well find out that they have put themselves into a deep runt, and will eventually discover that all the ranting they carry on will will actually sink them even deeper.

Please....if you have nothing constructive to offer, don't say anything at all. If you want to rant, go to your favorite ranting forum and waste some one else's time with your spewing. It's time that some people come to terms that the AT Pro is as good and even better then some of the metal detectors costing twice the amount and is here to stay.

If you think someone is doing some drive by shootings on any of the Find Mall Forums and spreading unrealistic discontent, please hit the "REPORT" button to have their post removed so the rest of us AT Pro users can move forward and enjoy this wonderful forum sponsored by Garrett.

To say that if somone has a problem and is not happy with the way things are going should not post , and should only post good cheer is not realistic ......I agree that nobody want's to hear constant complaining , but people who have valid issues should be heard just as much as the guy who's thrilled about his machine .....Life is not all good all the time .....That's what makes it interesting ..... If there is something that I don't want to read , I pass it by ..... The only people that should be reported are the ones that are just plain RUDE to people and continue to call people names , and belittle people thinking that they will look better when in fact it only makes them look small !!......Jim

I have a couple different brands too, have owned 3 Garretts over the years and still own 2, oops, I just got a pro make that 3, I don't get a machine cause it goes deeper, I got it for the other features, waterproof, all metal, iron disc and the price, I hope it goes deep, but at my age, I might give up before I get to the deep ones :)

Jim, you're an owner who had legitimate problems with your machine. To me, your comments should have always been welcomed and open for discussion. There are a lot folks here who should thank you, Keith Southern, and other owners for raising the issues in the first run of AT Pro's - your reports definitely contributed to the corrections being made, urgently by Garrett. I do not blame any AT Pro owner with the early problems for feeling frustrated and/or inconvenienced...no one purchases a machine wanting to immediately send it in for repairs. However, once the problems were acknowledged, what other choice was there?

It's the non-owners/brand loyalists from other camps that have no personal experience with the AT Pro that I struggle with. They come here to stir things up...by bad mouthing Garrett and/or the AT Pro without firsthand knowledge...like they have something to be frustrated about...like they were as inconvenienced as true owners. Take sniffy for instance...his machine clearly had issues...and he is far more patient and understanding with Garrett than some non-owners...that's absurd. I guess some do this to feel their machine is somehow a better value, like we care about whether someone else paid more or less for a machine of lesser, greater or equal value.
HH, Eric (NH)

synthnut said:
To say that if somone has a problem and is not happy with the way things are going should not post , and should only post good cheer is not realistic ......I agree that nobody want's to hear constant complaining , but people who have valid issues should be heard just as much as the guy who's thrilled about his machine .....Life is not all good all the time .....That's what makes it interesting ..... If there is something that I don't want to read , I pass it by ..... The only people that should be reported are the ones that are just plain RUDE to people and continue to call people names , and belittle people thinking that they will look better when in fact it only makes them look small !!......Jim

I have to agree with you Jim life is not always a bowl of cherries, I thought these forums were for discussing not only our good finds and feel good stories etc. but share our experiences both good and bad. I'm not brand loyal, I own a Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro and recently the AT Pro and came here wondering if other were experiencing the same problems with their machine as I have had and what they were doing about it. If you look at my post history you will see where I was concerned about EMI and my F5 when I first got it and was helped by Mike Hillis and others, I get a different feel from this Garrett group, I guess we shouldn't share or discuss our troubles only the good stuff allowed.

My problem is with non-owners who come here and put down a detector they have never used, not the owners who have legitimate problems or concerns. Please don't take my post(s) out of context.

Perhaps the subject line is being misconstrued...if you haven't already, please read the entire post. Owners have every right to comment on the AT Pro, good and bad.

HH, Eric (NH)

I agree that the NON owners should keep their comments to themselves as they talk of what they have heard, and NOT what they have witnessed ......I don't have a problem hearing comnent's , or questions , or even comparisons , if they are meant in good faith and folks who are doing the talking are talking from FACT and not from what they have heard ..... The "my machine is better than yours " crap is just that ....crap !!...... I think that if folks who own the AT Pro should have just as much right to talk about things that they DON'T particularly like about the machine, as well as praise the machine for all the good it has done them ...... I have posted some of my findings ,and have gone on record to indicate that I think that the AT Pro is surely the best machine in it's price range and any other price range a couple of hundred more !!......I still enjoy hunting with my AT Pro and I have other machines that I enjoy hunting with too, but for certain applications , I take my AT Pro and it does a WONDERFUL job .......This being said , it also drives me crazy when my headphones fall off my head because of the short headphone cable .....I cannot hip or chest mount my AT Pro becuase the coil cable is too short .... The arm cuff is also too close to the handle for the average person ......These things need to be addressed for the future AT Pro's ......Garrett says that they listen to their customers !!.....That's GREAT to hear , because I'm sure that I am not alone with these wishes for the NEXT great version of the AT Pro ..... This machine has done many FIRSTS in this business, and I am proud to own one .....A few correctons here and there are not costly additions, and will make this machine THE TOTAL PACKAGE ....... Fixing the falsing was a WONDERFUL step in the right direction !!..... Correcting a few other issues , and it's a no brainer that this machine will NOT be matched by anything else in its class !!..... This is just ONE forum that I'm sure Garrett reads, and they surely get an ear full from many on other forums too ..... We are the ones buying these detectors , and we should have every right to express our likes , AND our dislikes ..... Make the detector that people want at a fair price , and they will buy them ..... I don't view problems that people have as a negative to Garrett ....I view them as a possitive so that Garrett can make the NEXT detector one that's even better than the last one !!..... With the combinaton of striving to do better , and their great customer service , they will be the company to beat !!...... THEY will be the Top Dog in the business, and other companies will be playing catch up to then !!!.....Make no mistake .....People are just STARTING to hear about the way the AT handles iron .....They are just now hearing about the masking issues that other detectors have that the AT Pro handles just fine ..... People are just now finding out that the AT Pro goes deep and hit's Gold hard, but also hit's coins with the best of them !!...... There are other NEW machines that people are sellng off when finding out that the AT Pro does a better job !!...... Make no mistake !!.....The AT Pro is here to stay !!....It will only get better !!.....Jim

The AT Pro has a lot of things going for it from what I have heard and read but don't know for sure, so I plan on trying one to see for myself what it can do, then I can come and agree with you or disagree after using it and asking some question in case I am not running it correctly. I have E-Mailed my dist to get one in stock if there is any left around as it sounds like a hot selling detector which in most cases are sold out as fast as they can make them. I have had other Garretts over the years, but only been happy with a couple of them that i liked, but that is me and my type of detecting I do. I do know the AT Pro will be easier on my arms than my Sovereign GT or my E-Trac and don't expect it to do as good either, but the price is great for a detector you can take in shallow water and light weight too. Going to be a new learning experience and maybe a new detector I will be shouting praise for. Won't know until I get one in my hands and try it in actual hunting conditions.

Rick

Some people that are loyal to certain brands are always going to find a way to bash something that they haven't even tried. That's just the way it is. I haven't owned a Garrett since the mid 70's ( think it was a CoinHunter), but plan on adding an AT Pro in the near future. It looks like a fine unit at really a great price. I just wanna wait until they get the bugs out.

Hey!
I have the Garret AT PRO, I like it very much, I use it in Custom Pro mode all metal, iron sound on,
fine tuned to 32 and 3 dots below full sensitive so it doesn't do the falsity, and do the ground balance,
and I dig for everything that doesn't sound like iron.

I will be send calling garret and send it for that issue,
but first I want to play with it a little more.

I only like using it in the pro mode and dislike the ACE 250 whistles and bells mode.

ML said:
Some people that are loyal to certain brands are always going to find a way to bash something that they haven't even tried. That's just the way it is. I haven't owned a Garrett since the mid 70's ( think it was a CoinHunter), but plan on adding an AT Pro in the near future. It looks like a fine unit at really a great price. I just wanna wait until they get the bugs out.

Agreed. It wasn't too long ago that the Garrett brand loyalists and Dealers were those that tried to say the falsing problem with the AT-Pro wasn't a problem at all...but normal. Thanks to all the AT-Pro users that continued to show videos and prove that the problems were in fact real......it's because of you that Garrett finely officially addressed the issue. This is all in the past. Enough cabin fever. Lets move on and go treasure hunting.