Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SOME COOL FINDS FROM THE WOODS...

REVIER

Went back up a small mountain to get into the woods at the top looking for old coins, the only unfrozen territory around here, no older coins this time but a few cool things.
These woods date back to the 20's and have been used for recreational horse trails and camping for a long time so you never know what you will find up there.
Today's take include 2 horseshoes and a very cool 1949-1950 Dodge dome chromed hubcap, but I left the hubcap up there next to a tree because it was too big to carry around intending to grab it on the way out but I got lost and all those trees look alike.
I am sure I will find it again on a future hunt.

What I did bring back was still pretty neat.
A 64 nickel and a 67 dime were the only coins, but I did find an old pocket knife, the top off an old battery powered lantern with the plastic bulb still intact, a junk pin I was hoping was white gold coming in at 27-28 on the F70 but it is just that, junk...but still old I bet and cool.

The prize of the day was a Texan Jr. Hubley cast cap gun from the 50's...maybe the early 60's.
I have found my share of cap gun parts but never a whole one, just parts, so I think this is way cool!
This thing is complete, except for one grip that I dug all over looking to find it but no luck, and not frozen up, still breaks open which is how you installed the rolls of caps and the trigger still moves and works the hammer...kinda.
I just saw one of these sold on this week's Pawn Stars show, and yesterday I found one.
These Texans were very popular, came in all kinds of finishes and the way this brand broke open in the middle was unique.
Very ornate casting and very popular with collectors in good shape and go for some pretty big bucks, and this will look great in a display case in my home.

Nice finds..Your right about being a little unique..Most cap guns just had a slide up and down Hinge type side panel..You dropped the roll of caps inside and closed the cover over the caps once you threaded them to the hammer section..... I too saw that Pawn Stars episode....

Nice finds. I like the cap gun, they were cheap when I was a kid way back. Too bad we didn't know how pricey they would be these days.

Pretty amazing to find that cap gun in such good condition. I have seen parts available for these and other cap guns. If you are interested in doing some restoration on it, just do a search for cap gun parts, there are a lot of places that stock 'new, old stock' parts, as well as the Chinese replica parts.

Congrats on some nice finds all the way around!

Very nice !

I checked out the recent Pawn Stars episode again and sure enough the exact same gun was sold.
The toy expert said this was the best one out of all of them and was made in the late 50's.

Here is a screen shot...

Ah yes...back when a kid could play with a cap gun and carry a knife...(sigh) You found something that does not exist anymore...an innocent time..:please:
Mud