Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some CW Relic Eye candy

silversweeper

Here is my display case with my CW relic finds from the last year or so, including this year so far. The sword belt buckle was actually found by a friend who doesn't collect. It was a surface find from a sidewalk tear out in a construction site that I and other hunters got warned off of before they pulled the walks. He found it washed out after a hard rain when he was walking his bike through the site on his way home! He got kicked off the area the next day when he thought he might want to go back for another look. Had to buy it but I sure didn't mind getting it. It's complete except for the silver leaves.....which were probably there under the corrosion before the fool put the buckle in vinegar for about a week!!!!! (EGAD I nearly had heart failure when he told me what he did to it!!!) Still a nice piece to have in my collection, wish I could have found it. All the other finds are from local sites, all are Union. The buttons are all general service (still looking for my first anything else). There's one button in a coin holder which is actually 1820-1840 US military. On the left side of the heel plate above the buckles is a tiny, thin metal 2 piece picture frame made something like a pocket watch. Almost definitely was soldier owned and I can only imagine must have had a picture of his sweatheart in it. Down in the bottom right center are 5 chewed bullets, all different calibers except 2 which are 69 cal.. Hoping to add a few more pieces to the display this week to fill it out.
HH to all!!

Very nice. I need to do that . cch

Very impressive display, that is what I use for mine, including the red felt. :thumbup: Congratulations on the finds as well.

Beautiful finds silversweeper.. I really like the plate and the greatcoat button!

That is an excellent collection and I love the way you display it. That would be my centerpiece down in the man cave.

Nice relic displays.