Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some deposits are starting to show up

tvr

Got to the beach three times over the last week or so. About three hours of detecting each time. Twice with the Excal and once with the Impulse AQ. One ring per hunt.
The black stainless steel spinner and the white tungsten band were Excal finds the 10k gold was the AQ.

RingsJune5n9n13.jpg

Nice , Mr TVR ,, I'm heading home in a few days ,, and I'm going to bring one of my detectors back ,, maybe 2 . I think I might be able to squeeze in some detecting time out on the beach,,, maybe I can get lucky. It's been a while since I've done any detecting ,,, but I'm feeling better since my surgery ,, and I've been getting the fever again. Good luck out there.

Nice , Mr TVR ,, I'm heading home in a few days ,, and I'm going to bring one of my detectors back ,, maybe 2 . I think I might be able to squeeze in some detecting time out on the beach,,, maybe I can get lucky. It's been a while since I've done any detecting ,,, but I'm feeling better since my surgery ,, and I've been getting the fever again. Good luck out there.
Prayers for God's complete healing in Jesus' precious & holy name! Amen! Ma

Glad you are not having the pain like you were. Good luck when you get out detecting!

Got to the beach three times over the last week or so. About three hours of detecting each time. Twice with the Excal and once with the Impulse AQ. One ring per hunt.
The black stainless steel spinner and the white tungsten band were Excal finds the 10k gold was the AQ.

View attachment 26797
I have not hunted at the beach yet. Where do you like to hunt best? Shallow water, wet sand, or higher dry sand. I hear people say they look for wash outs, but I don’t know much about that. Thanks for any advice/feedback you have as I’m a new Hunter. Thanks 😊

I have not hunted at the beach yet. Where do you like to hunt best? Shallow water, wet sand, or higher dry sand. I hear people say they look for wash outs, but I don’t know much about that. Thanks for any advice/feedback you have as I’m a new Hunter. Thanks 😊
Wet sand and shallow water. Washouts where the water has cut a deeper pool near shore. Where people throw balls and frisbees in the shallow water and where parents with kids shake their hands going in and coming out of the water or kids grab a parent's necklace and pull on it when a little wave hits them.
When the high tide comes mid-afternoon and people get blankets wet, grab them and move higher above the incoming tide, I like to go in as the tide starts receding and detect just below the high tide mark to check for things that may have been set on the blanket and were flipped onto the sand in the rush to pick things up as the tide rose.
I used to watch where people were in the water and get as far out as the lines of people were. Getting older I don't do that as much and try to stick to the cuts that form between a sand bar and the wet sand ... a near shore sand bar dampens the wave action significantly and that means I don't get beat up much by the water trying to stay on a target when digging.
When I was hunting the Chesapeake bay area, the water was much calmer most of the time and getting neck deep was not a problem. There I looked for community beaches that either had or still have lots of water activity.
If I'm not finding anything in the water or wet sand, I may hit some dry sand on or just above the umbrella line, but really do not hunt much in the dry.

Wet sand and shallow water. Washouts where the water has cut a deeper pool near shore. Where people throw balls and frisbees in the shallow water and where parents with kids shake their hands going in and coming out of the water or kids grab a parent's necklace and pull on it when a little wave hits them.
When the high tide comes mid-afternoon and people get blankets wet, grab them and move higher above the incoming tide, I like to go in as the tide starts receding and detect just below the high tide mark to check for things that may have been set on the blanket and were flipped onto the sand in the rush to pick things up as the tide rose.
I used to watch where people were in the water and get as far out as the lines of people were. Getting older I don't do that as much and try to stick to the cuts that form between a sand bar and the wet sand ... a near shore sand bar dampens the wave action significantly and that means I don't get beat up much by the water trying to stay on a target when digging.
When I was hunting the Chesapeake bay area, the water was much calmer most of the time and getting neck deep was not a problem. There I looked for community beaches that either had or still have lots of water activity.
If I'm not finding anything in the water or wet sand, I may hit some dry sand on or just above the umbrella line, but really do not hunt much in the dry.
Thanks so much for the detailed information. It must be very difficult hunting in neck deep water!

Thanks so much for the detailed information. It must be very difficult hunting in neck deep water!
The only things difficult in hunting neck deep in fairly still bay water are finding the right location to put the scoop when the water is very brown and you can't see the bottom, need to feel; and being buoyant, takes some bouncing to sink the scoop. The water supporting the body makes for a happy back; the same back that gets very sore when hunting and digging unsupported by water while working over wet sand.

Try some books. I've read Jim F. Brouwer's "Gold Beneath the Waves" several times. Clives James Clynick has written a number of detector specific books but also has good water detecting clues in many of them. There are other good books too. Others might chip in on their favorites.

One of Clives' sayings I like, because it works, is to look in the deepest water nearest the shore ... the cuts in the water nearest the beach.

Last edited:

View attachment 26797
So how do you like the Impulse? is it a PI detector?

WTG TVR!! Good to see some yellow with using the AQ.. Heck of a machine.

I think once the water gets warmer things will pick up for you. And as time goes by and once you learn the place better you will be kicking out the gold!!

Good Luck and Be Safe!!

WTG TVR!! Good to see some yellow with using the AQ.. Heck of a machine.

I think once the water gets warmer things will pick up for you. And as time goes by and once you learn the place better you will be kicking out the gold!!

Good Luck and Be Safe!!
Thank you! The frequent sand replenishments do not help. We have seen that as we vacationed in the area between two and three weeks a year before we moved here. We have seen the protecting sand bars come and go. Seems to be best hunting in the water when the sand bars are present and there are cuts between the bar and the shore. Right back to CJC's saying. Deepest water nearest shore.
Have you been out in the bay much this year?

Thank you! The frequent sand replenishments do not help. We have seen that as we vacationed in the area between two and three weeks a year before we moved here. We have seen the protecting sand bars come and go. Seems to be best hunting in the water when the sand bars are present and there are cuts between the bar and the shore. Right back to CJC's saying. Deepest water nearest shore.
Have you been out in the bay much this year?
Hit a bump in the road. Health issue but got surgery in late April and Doc said mid June I should be 100%. So I'm just starting to get back out.. Looks like this Sunday, not expecting much . Start out slow, and do some reconn... seems it takes me month to find the right spot for the year.

Hit a bump in the road. Health issue but got surgery in late April and Doc said mid June I should be 100%. So I'm just starting to get back out.. Looks like this Sunday, not expecting much . Start out slow, and do some reconn... seems it takes me month to find the right spot for the year.
Ahh ... don't over do it. Prayers are with you always! Glad you are on your way back to an activity you love.