Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some depth test observations

Scott Maine

First i try not to have to rely on a planted test bed for depth....guess it makes no difference as my soil around here is same as in my fields.
I used to have some realy deep stuff in my in laws place but that house has long been sold.
Anyway in my current home the soil phase is 75 and Fe content is .3 to .1
I have to say I get very impressive depth on my planted coins. Now around here you are not going to find many dimes at 10" with any machine. An Explorer was one of the few that could with a 10" coil and that was tuff...my Cz's never could....the only other machine that could get a dime at 10" randomly was a modified IDX Pro...but that is no surprise...and then again only when the soil was wet.
I am not saying that the T2 is as deep as an Explorer....YET....that has to be proven in the field....or disproven. However i will say it will be fun to see how the initial depth tests hold up in actual hunting. Could be close.
Scott

Did the T2 hit the dime or are you just teasing us?

I don't have a dime buried at 10" at my current house...actually I don't have a dime buried at all here.
Mostly relics....buttons...a musket ball... a nickel and a quarter. In my area being abloe to hit a standard 1800's button at 8-9" is awesome and the T2 did it with no mistaking it. I think the quarter is at 9-10" and it hit good...now maybe in another area 9-10" is no big deal but in my ground it is a challenge. Most tesoros won't hit it even my Vaquero would only make a broken sound....like iron. Here the minerals kill all the new tesoros for depth. Not sure why...my Vaquero would hit a nickel at 14" in the air tes but could barely get a large cent at 9".....and sometimes not at all.....just one of those ground conditions that hurt that machine.
So although it may not sound impressive it is a promising start.
Plus I am not asking the T2 to match my Nautilus or an Explorer for depth...but I need it to be deeper than say a tesoro Banditto Umax or an ACE 250....and these two machines get decent depth especially considering their prices.
I will say that first impressions show it to beat the MXT for ID depth lock on. Now please note that is first impressions and I may not be able to follow up now in the field for 4-6 weeks if we get this new snow storm coming.
SO what am i saying, it shows potential......not being elusive either. One cannot make solid statements in just a 10 hour day hunt.
I do hope to do some tidal riverbanks this week...about all there is that is not snow covered....and these river banks suck hard to detect. If the T2 fails here no big deal...only the Sovereign and CZ do well...the DFX does decent and most everything esle including the Baron with New Cointrax chips just plain suck there. Even the Explorer is marginal at these river banks....too many hotrocks for it too run....yet the Sovereign cruises right along...go figure.

Great info. Looking forward to your next post.

are you going to try the T2 where the tide hits the shore(beach)? I spent the whole day at York today with a CZ20. Also for S&G's, brought along the Baron, but she wouldn't quiet down there.

HH
BarnacleBill

with all the hot rocks mixed in because of the errosion. Lot's of stuff there if you can stand the noise. Even the CZ's have trouble there, welcome to detector Hell. People who haven't experienced it have no idea, it's funny to watch the tourists bring a single freq along, they quickly become confused, "must be something wrong with the machine". There's a local guy I've seen at Ogunquit several times, has a single freq of some type, and walks along holding the coil at a 45deg angle to the surface, using the coil edge to detect with, because obviously the machine would otherwise be in overload.

HH
BarnacleBill

Why not ask Mr Bill, on the beach situation, or at the Discovery site, ask George Payne?

about the possible date of a concentric loop? There's no question of 'IF'-just, 'When'.

This is my cleanup bowl residue from Long Sands Beach, York, ME yesterday. The black and white pens are for grayscale reference.

HH
BarnacleBill

.....he had talked with Dave Johnson and was told the T2 was designed to use "only" Double-D coil designs. Why - How ? Unsure.

Ralph