Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some depth Tests, Minelab, Nokta, Garrett

Did some playing on a test bed on the weekend as part of an event I was involved with.
The targets were all buried deep, mainly intended for PI gold machines.

One of the targets was an Aussie 1c copper coin. Being a small but high conductive coin, I was curious to see if any of the coin machines could pick it up.
Ground conditions were light-medium mineralised clay soil.

CTX3030 w/11" coil - ate it for breakfast - no problems at all. This was my own machine which was still in my beach mode, Fast OFF, Deep ON.

Equinox800 w/11" coil - one guy tried his Nox on it and it was really struggling. After trying various modes, trying ground balance vs 0, and playing around with Sensitivity, the only thing that would allow us to get it was drop the recovery to 5. Field 1 and recovery 5 gave a nice solid hit on the coin. Recovery 4 was even better, but required a slower sweep. MultiIQ was best compared to any of the single frequency options.

Garrett AT Pro International with stock 8.5x11" coil - no good. Just would not see the target.
I'm not too familiar with the Garrett so it was the owner of the machine using it. Not sure what modes or settings he was using.

Nokta Makro Anfibio w/11" coil - some different results in the various modes:
Gen - a very faint tone change, would probably stop you if wearing headphones
2-tone - was getting it, but sensitivity below 70 struggled
3-tone - no luck, even Sens above 90
4-tone - the best so far, even with sensitivity at 60
5-tone & 99-tone - could get it, but signal was scratchy and not as defined as 4-tone
DEEP - this was the best and matching the CTX3030 and Nox with low Recovery, but a slow sweep was required.

The other interesting thing noted with the Anfibio was that 14 and 20 kHz gave identical results. 5 kHz wasn't as good which was a bit of a surprise considering lower frequencies are usually better on high conductors. Maybe the ground was more mineralised than I thought?

Anyway, might be something of interest there.

It seems like a great and thorough test report but as someone else has mention what was the actual depth of the target/s that you had been testing the machines,without that information the test is pointless really.

Also which gold machine was it originally setup presuming the GPX range,of course could be wrong on that one.