Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some field hunting with Big Digger and Bryce

Dave-IL

Did some hunting over the nice weekend with Bryce, Brad, and Hercules at a field site B-Rad (Big Digger) researched for us.

[attachment 249550 davebradootie.jpg]

Bryce did all the picture taking for me as you can see. It was nice he could go with us since we were close to home because I know he doesn't let himself get too far when his dad isn't feeling well.

I was happy to dig one of the old defunct town tokens of the very site we were hunting. It was worth a whole 2 cents...lol.

[attachment 249548 davetoken.jpg] [attachment 249547 davebradlooking.jpg]

We all had some nice finds and Brad and I each found a barber quarter.Brad even found a Barber dime with a bullet hole through it!

Bryce found a seated dime, barber dime, and a couple of indian heads but said there was no need to show the pic. He just wanted me to show the sterling pin he found.

Here are me and B-Rad's finds.

[attachment 249549 davebradfinds.jpg]

Here is the sterling silver pin Bryce found. The stick pin part had obviously broken off over time.

[attachment 249546 pinfront.jpg] [attachment 249545 pinback.jpg]

Cool pics bud. Looks like you all had a great time and made some nice finds.

That sterling pin is nice - Is WOW short for Woodmen of the World? (fraternal org.) May be a tree stump on it, which is their symbol.

n/t

Nice hunting Dave, Brad, and Bryce. I wish I could find a field worked down like that. Give A nice "Thank you" to that farmer.
Big Digger how do you like that big orange coil?

Looks you guys had a great time. Maybe we can get you and Bryce down here after deer season to hunt the ghost town. HH

Thank you LFarthing. It was my first time using it as Bryce let me borrow his before deciding whether or not I want to buy one.
He told me to keep the sensitivity down around 22 to keep it more stable and I was still getting nice depth. I don't have enough time on it to form a reliable opinion but my initial thoughts are that it is a great field coil and that I do like it.

nice finds ... i see you found a lock with st.louis on it ... do you know any info on it .... I have found three of them over the years ....HH

I looked online but only found a picture of one that was at an auction, I wish that I could find some history about the company.

Congratulations guys on all your finds, and with a expert researcher and a pro-Hunter and another guy that digs 2 cent pieces like I dig memorials:rofl: I say you guys have a nice team there... Again congratulations to you all :thumbup:

Nice hunt! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing - Jim

Thanks Phil. Not sure what's going on but it seems my SE likes two centers more than it does silver.:bouncy: