Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

some finds just lately:garrett:

Bugar In. USA

Here's from the last couple hunts, got no jewelry, but just some change, some parking lot stuff, times kinda hard round here, unemployement and all, and not much jewelry being worn, but we get what's out there, and usually all that's out there, but money is allright, o'l SCORPION just don't miss much:garrett::usmc:

Glad you got out Bugar ! I am seeing the same thing here over this past season.
Think it must have something to do with the economy. Usually find gold rings at
the sports fields I visit but so far only sterling silver of junkers. Even the coin count
seems to be down somewhat. Oh well, it is a pleasure just to get out no matter what
you find. Good Scorp hunting to you Bugar ! Gene

Great work there Bugar !! You and your Scorpion look like a good team. I have to work this weekend but hope to get a hour or two to have a swing.

Well I did get to go to the beach today for a couple of hours . Not much found though, just a few dollars and 1 bit of cheap jewellery and heaps of bottle tops and ringpulls. I hunted mostly in disc mode on the dry sand , I tried all metal and tr modes but had heaps of false signals on the wet sand and couldn't seem to get it ground balanced at all. Any hints on setting up the scorpion for beach work would be a big help. Thanks in advance , Tony.

Yeah-wet sand and seaweed is a pain, tough one there, and when the waves break over the coil, saltwater is nasty with Scorpion, I usually end up with sens down about 2 or 3, and disc about 7 or 8, but usually only get to saltwater beach or ocean once a year or so, ground balance sometimes is impossible, but when I play with it, get some decent finds, the usual change and a ring now and then, along with jewelry, just kinda tricky but will get the job done:garrett: