Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some lake finds.

Dick from NC

Here are some items that I dug at the lake from my old home town that had been drained. I found an area that turned out to be a dump site in the swimming area and did a lot of digging looking for bottles and anything else. I was getting iron signals all over the place and I found out why. This was a popular lake from the 40's through the 70's until because of environmental concerns stopped people from swimming there. Apparently this was a trash dump from the houses that were there before it became a popular swimming area.

Can any one ID this item? Its about 3 to 4 inches long.
[attachment 56117 al1.jpg]
Coke bottle about 1905-10 that had a paper label.
[attachment 56118 alcoke3.jpg]
[attachment 56120 alcoke4.jpg]

C.C. Soda bottle, both bottles were bottled in Aberdeen N.C.
[attachment 56122 alsoda6.jpg]
[attachment 56123 alsodabott7.jpg]

This a mesh change purse probably from the 20's or 30's
[attachment 56127 changepurse.jpg]

This was something that was left on the lake bed by someone else, probably another detector. I figured it was a kids toy gun so I put on the beach to throw away later. When I got ready to leave I was going to throw it in the trash but it felt too heavy for a kids toy, so I took it with me to work. I started cleaning it up and discovered it was a 22 rifle. I found the name on the side and it was a " Hamilton Model 27" made by CJ Hamilton and Sons in Plymouth Mass about 1906. Hamilton made about 500,000 of these 22's for kids for about $3.00. He sold his first 2 businesses an Iron windmill business and a air rifle business to start the 22 rifle business. The air rifle business that he sold turn out to be the Daisy air rifle company. You never know what you are going to find. Found some more broken bottles and a lot of iron items and leather womens shoes and house hold items. I even found what was left of a buggy wheel.

[attachment 56129 algun8.jpg]

[attachment 56130 algun9.jpg]

[attachment 56131 algun11.jpg]

I didn't find it, but was brought into the shop by a guy that ask me about it and never seen a Coca Cola one like this before and cant seem to find out anything about it.

Thanks for any info you can give me so I can pass it on.

[attachment 56289 coke.jpg]