Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some more beautiful nickels

Dad and I went to another local park which has been hammered to death like every other place we go. He went on one side of the park and I took the other half. I meet up with him and he pulls these out! About 3 feet apart from them. An 1868 shield nickel and a 1903 V nickel. Then today we hit a park we have devastated over the years and literally like 4 steps in I hit a nice deeeeep nickel signal. At about 8 inches a red nickel comes out and it’s a 1901 V nickel and I now have found shield nickel through Jefferson. This machine loves the nickels. View attachment 4568View attachment 4568View attachment 4572
C4A20480-7C22-482B-BBB7-054AAE022066.jpeg
21264A90-AEA5-4FE5-B004-FEE6A81A559C.jpeg
AD416D02-86B0-43C1-901E-202EE658628A.jpeg

Very nice nickels !!

Nice condition

Nickles are always fun to find with an Equinox! Still a few out there!
For sure! We are going back over every park and school yard and a few yards we have ever done and finding hand fulls of nickels and plenty of old nickels as well. We have walked over them and so have other people over the last 20 years. I found the 1901 v nickel in super dry dirt at about 8 inches at a place where we have hit about 100 or more times. It is an amazing machine.

Nice finds!!!!

Wow is that nice.

Did they come in at 12-13 id ?
The shield nickel and the 1903 v nickel came in at a solid 12. Then the second v nickel came in as a 11-12 since it was kind of deep in real dry dirt. But a good solid signal to dig.

Sweet finds. Most of the V nickles I have found are roached almost unrecognizable. I usually dig all 12 signals even if I am finding lots of shotgun brass. You just never know when the 12 will turn out to be a good find. Nothing is ever really truly dug out , especially if you have 4 seasons. Great job !! Keep on scoring some. HH