Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some New Favorite Finds - Token, Fob, Gold Pin...

William-NM

I had some luck this week despite some wild March weather - my ghost town hunt started with mist & fog, followed by a drizzle, then it cleared up, then it hailed like mad, cleared up again and then rained on and off for the rest of the day. Good thing little blackie is water tight - more than I can say for my thrift shop raincoat, heh (it doesn't rain much around here, so...)
ghost-town-hailstorm_zps38425258.jpg
ghost-town-hailstorm-2_zpsf8429f58.jpg

Between that and a couple of creek hunts, I managed to pull a few new favorites: a local watch fob - kind of copper colored, maybe bronze or a high-copper brass? Anyhow, it says "Silver City, New Mexico" on the top and "Broncho Bustin" on the bottom. Nice graphic of cowboy in the center. I've always seen it spelled "Bronco" - not sure if this is a misspelling or ??. Back is stamped "The Arts Shop, SIlver City, N.M". And a broken spur to go with it!
fob-spur_zps902f7a40.jpg

Then I found this token. It's from Fort Bayard, NM, now a historic site about 5 miles east of town. The fort was established to protect the Chino copper mine in around 1860 and ceased operation as a military fort in 1900. Another local 'treasure' - it reads "U.S. Veterans Hospital #55 Ft. Bayard, N. Mex." on the front, and "Good for 1 Pint Milk" on the reverse, with the numbers 4&2 overstamped (a control #?)
ft-bayard-token-obverse_zpsef46de60.jpg
ft-bayard-token-reverse_zps119f46af.jpg

Then I snagged this little cast iron airplane, I love the old toys! It has a Barber dime with it for scale, the wingspan is 5", length is about 4.5".
cast-iron-airplane_zpsee31386f.jpg

I thought that this Art Nouveau pin was brass, but it tests out at 10K, doesn't smell like brass (brass has a distinctive odor when rubbed), or taste like brass (yes, I did taste it). So, I'm on a nice roll with the gold! It's 4" wide, 1/2" high, and weighs in at .51 oz with the little stone in.
gold-pin_zps4c0387f6.jpg

Some of my finds don't require a metal detector:
old-car-chinese-gardens_zpsc016a467.jpg

I hadn't found a "3 Merry Widows" condom tin for a while, heh. and you can never have too much nickel silver / silver plated flatware, right? I must have 150 by now. I also found an old 'Airline' radio set dial window, what looks like an old p.o. box door, etc.
flatware-misc_zps660b853d.jpg
iron-relics_zpsed881a1a.jpg

Got a few Coke & 7UP bottles in better condition, and a few other good ones:
bottles1_zps1112d97f.jpg
bottles-2_zps2aaad250.jpg

Just a few marbles and toys - Tigger likes his new female friend, though. Spooky lookin' porcelain doll.
marbles_zps779b60a5.jpg

A '48 truck license plate & a heavy, porcelain enameled (f&b) number - possibly railroad?? And almost 10# of lead - one of the bars on the left is stamped 'ALF".
license-plate_zps9dc1313d.jpg
lead-buttons_zpsf82206ad.jpg

bullwinkle-moose_zpsa53f05f5.jpg

wow looks like a great spot to hunt you pretty well found all my favorite thing to find tokens, toys, watch fob,bottles,marbles and a spur to boot.lol that would be a months hunting or more around here great finds and congrats on great hunt

Outstanding! What a great hunt, write up, and pics! Good to see you made another run at it! :clapping: That little cobalt blue bottle is sweet!
Mud

What a great game, man! A tremendous amount of objects that always show us, I guess that will be of different days ...
I know that curiosity killed the cat, we say here, but I would like to see where you put that amount of objects? Museum passes do you do?:)
That plane looks like something out of a dream, it's wonderful.

Thanks for showing
best regards

That's an interesting assortment of finds. Thanks for sharing. My back's hurting just thinking about digging all those finds. HH.

Wag, Trackerman, Mudpuppy, TXPIRATE, Fongu: Thanks, Guys! Appreciate the moral support :cheers:
Senda: The museum is currently closed for renovations. I'm adding two more floors and an elevator. I'll send you a pass and a plane ticket once it's complete. :cool:

Nice stuff in that hunt.
Congrats !

I AGREE! :clapping:
I'll see as I explain to my wife :starwars:
:rofl:
I love traveling and I think the United States is my number one target, the most complete, where I can find more interesting things, but ... I would not know what state for started.:crylol:
best regards

Very cool finds
Good job

Les, Joel, Redly, Chip: Thank you!
Senda: OK, I'll send a ticket for the wife, too. Somebody has to watch the museum while we're out digging treasure!