Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some nice stainless rings and other junk

REVIER

Wandering around huge grassy areas in a very large park with my F2 and small coil looking for areas where people sat or laid down blankets and picnicked.

Found 2 nice stainless rings right next to each other.
Someone took off both of them and left them there.
Both large and the same size, the diamond pattern one is a spinner.

I also found this little picture locket and used the Propointer to root around the hole and found most of the chain parts.

Lots of clad, I like areas with lots of quarters which tells me there has got to be more and better stuff laying around here somewhere.
Silver and gold targets, I hope.

I also found this one large key and then this huge ring of keys.
How does someone lose something like this out of their pocket and not notice?
They were probably upset because not only are there some weird keys on here but also that fob is not cheap to replace from the Toyota dealership.

Decent day, not to bad for a 3 hour hunt.

Yeah that place holds some promise! A pair of rings right together is definitely cool. What was it about that place that made the person take them off and put them there for safekeeping? Anykind of structure that made you want to hunt that spot? Shade?, small rise hillside? Nice hunt there!
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Yeah that place holds some promise! A pair of rings right together is definitely cool. What was it about that place that made the person take them off and put them there for safekeeping? Anykind of structure that made you want to hunt that spot? Shade?, small rise hillside? Nice hunt there!
Mud

This is a huge 75 acre park that has lots of history and then some.
One of the most popular parks in KC and has been for decades.
A golf course was on this site from the early 1900's or even before until 1927.
The structure at the top of the site pic is a huge rose garden put in around 1926 and grew from there.
The yellow spot is where I found the rings after parking at that small half circle area on the top right, just a large sloping hill that I have hit before and found lots of clad and trash so I know people sat all over this area.
The orange spot is where I found this locket.
Nothing there to draw people at these spots, really, just areas where people hung out for some reason.
I kept walking south to that end of the park because that is where the Battle of Westport took place during the civil war.
This area has been hammered and I have heard of hunters finding lots of bullets and other relics in this end of the park so I slowly made my way over there to see if I could find my share but not much on this trip.
I need to bring back my Vaq and the big coil because this is a huge wide open area and there might be a few things around here still.
The very top of the pic above that rose garden area is picnic tables and a tot lot area but the trash density in this part of the park is crazy thick but that is to be expected in a park that is this old.

This park has a little of everything...what's not to love?

My goal is jewelry, the part of the park I hunted yesterday is crazy large with a lot less trash and it is spread out so I will hit this area better with larger coils and hope to run my coil over some old jewelry someday.
There is a good chance there will be some, lots of high tones here and no matter how many hunters have hit this place it is just too big to have ever been covered completely so I am hoping some time spent here and some luck will find me some silver and golden goodness.

It is also a beautiful park with a nice pond and lots of trees and it is fall so I took a few pics with my phone when I stopped for a break.

It amazes me when I find stuff in places where there is no apparent reason for anything to be there.
Maybe it's just stuff dropped from some summer late night Hanky Panky?
Nice hunt.