Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some observations on the 3x18 cleansweep

Did some testing again , put a dime at 1.5 " and was swinging the 3x18 and i noticed if i was swinging it faster the signal was not as good as when i slowed down , and i remember somone teling me to go slow with it then i was getting a signal going under the road and i folowed it to the electric meter on the pole barn so i asked the question how deep is the power cables to the pull barn and i got my answer 3 feet deep it seems on bigger objects the 3x18 is capable of some real depth but on coins hummm maybe 3" declar it to me

Hi Gunnar,
Isn't the Golden fixed ground balance? I'm thinking that maybe fixed ground balance on the Golden might have it a little off for the 3 x 18.

I only got 3 inches on a dime with a 3 x 18 on my Tejon in really ugly black sand masking conditions. In good ground it does much better.

The clean sweep in air tests on the Tejon lost about an inch compared to the standard 9 x 8 on all the coin types I had.

If you can't ground balance to the surroundings I would expect it wouldn't do so well.
Good luck and good to see you posting!
tvr

Hi there.. I have had my Cleansweep for several months now,and I love it just for the fact I cut tot lot time in half with complete coverage!
As for depth with it attached to a Tesoro Golden Sabre II ; I have dug a few items at around 6 inches which surprised me. However it can get
confused on multiple targets,which is why I wouldn't use it in a regular park.more targets more confusion for it!

The Golden Sabre II has factory set threshold,so I have no idea your detector as far as depth capabilities. Your sweep speed will make a difference on smaller items for sure. I dug a 1857-0 Half Dime the other day my first old silver with the cleansweep,and it didnt give a real good signal even once it was out of the hole! However I had slowed down my sweepspeed before I found it!

jazdo said:
Hi there.. I have had my Cleansweep for several months now,and I love it just for the fact I cut tot lot time in half with complete coverage!
As for depth with it attached to a Tesoro Golden Sabre II ; I have dug a few items at around 6 inches which surprised me. However it can get
confused on multiple targets,which is why I wouldn't use it in a regular park.more targets more confusion for it!

The Golden Sabre II has factory set threshold,so I have no idea your detector as far as depth capabilities. Your sweep speed will make a difference on smaller items for sure. I dug a 1857-0 Half Dime the other day my first old silver with the cleansweep,and it didnt give a real good signal even once it was out of the hole! However I had slowed down my sweepspeed before I found it!

Yeah man thats a heck of a first silver find with the cleansweep:clapping:

best of luck to finding a lot more with it!

Neil

tvr said:
Hi Gunnar,
Isn't the Golden fixed ground balance? I'm thinking that maybe fixed ground balance on the Golden might have it a little off for the 3 x 18.

I only got 3 inches on a dime with a 3 x 18 on my Tejon in really ugly black sand masking conditions. In good ground it does much better.

The clean sweep in air tests on the Tejon lost about an inch compared to the standard 9 x 8 on all the coin types I had.

If you can't ground balance to the surroundings I would expect it wouldn't do so well.
Good luck and good to see you posting!
tvr

Do you loose any sensitivity using the cleansweep on your tejon? I might consider getting one of those instead of the 12X10.
Sounds like it gets better depth than the version they make for the bandidos. Ive used that, only got 5 or 6" with it, but really that was enough for what I used it for.

Neil

trv , the golden is preset ground and it does efect the depth badly good signals to 2" only on coins but that can be an advantige as well when searching for recently lost things I have heard the vaq gets good depth whith a clean sweep

I have thought about this before, Tesoro needs to make about a 8" x 18" Cleensweep retangular DD for added depth. I have the Swingy-Thingy bungee from DOC and the added weight would be alright for me.

Jazdo, Very nice find there!

Gunnar, good point on the positives of looking shallow; quick look for shallow targets can be productive in some heavily traveled areas ... or if things are still frozen.

Neil, I haven't done any testing of the clean sweep for sensitivity. I have picked up some smaller pieces of foil about 3/8 inch square size ... but don't have a lot of hours learning the clean sweep so far.

David, Not sure I would want an 8 x 18 ... In my opinion, too much surface area for multiple targets and masking unless only looking for big deep things ... and then I'd start thinking about one of the two box set ups.
Cheers,
tvr

I have one on a Vaq and it is the best for soccer fields. Those places are big and mostly have only recent things dropped. The 3 x 18 covers a lot of territory quickly and doesn't miss a thing. (baseball/softball fields too_.