Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some observations on the legend. Some good, some bad.

Bill_S

Got mine yesterday and spent some time testing it. Take in mind I hunt mostly modern parks with lots of trash. Some dislikes. Already heard of one locking up. Hope that dont happen to all of them. Maybe it was just a fluke. To me the ID numbers between zinc and copper are too small. For example a zinc penny hits at 41 and a dime at 45 on mine anyway. That is too close especially if the ID is jumping a bit. Hard to tell a zinc from a aluminum screw cap and a copper penny or dime sometimes. You can do this easily on some other detectors. The volume is almost too loud. Volume seems to go from soft to super loud with not much in between. Pinpoint seems to struggle sometimes on deeper targets. Dont seem like there is much, or no modulation on deeper targets. There is no way to do a factory reset. That stinks. I like messing with settings. Maybe they can fix that with an update. Seems like the id's are not normalized across all frequencies. Some good points. It is well built. Seems to love nickels even fairly deep ones. Goes fairly deep but nothing that my other detectors wont do. Waterproof. Many adjustments and settings. Folds up real small for easy carrying. The ferro check seems to work ok on shallower targets. In it's price range it is a pretty good deal. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Bill, the places you hunt are exactly like most of my spots. With that said, I think you make some of the best videos for public place hunters like myself and many others. I could care less about videos in a test garden. I have a test garden and just about every detector I have owned will hit the targets. A real hunt in a trash filled park is the real deal. I can't wait to see you do a Legend video. Thanks for all you do!

I am pretty much in agreement Bill, although after a couple of weeks now in some really pounded parks, I have learned the differences between M1, M2, Park and Field. I want to get out on the beach with it, but have not yet had the chance. I honestly think the Legend is on par with my Equinox 800 (and I don't think the coil ears are going to break like my Minelab did!). Time will tell on the machine - Great post Bill!

Bill, did you have a chance to play with the tone break and recovery? I have seen some videos with both set to 7 that seem to have pretty impressive performance in the trash. Did you try the smaller coil?

I think the locking up was supposed to be fixed in 1.05 firmware. The vdi separation is a bit concerning, i'm used to dimes being much closer to quarters. Do silver dimes come up considerably higher?